7 months ago
Methods Engineer (Final Test Procedures)Weekends Global 7000/8000-TOR03657
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Provide technical support to resolve issues encountered during production and during ground and flight-testing.
- Provide troubleshooting recommendations for aircraft systems problems, and monitor the implementation of these plans.
- Drive document control and standardization to the ideal state, incorporate procedural Supp2s, prepare master packages for production, follow new revisions closely through ERD and the completion process (Clink FTER consumption, workbook update).
- Manage FTP execution for FTVs, ensure master packages are stamped and filled out by production and quality, provide management with completion status updates referencing DMs and next steps/MES closure.
- Optimize Aircraft system functional testing including reviewing new revisions of Functional Test Engineering Requirements (FTERs, EOs) and approving FTP (Supp2) changes for Methods.
- Analyze and determine the solutions for manufacturing and engineering problems in support of RFC (Request For Change) activity.
- Support Production, Core Methods, Design Engineering, Quality and Suppliers in coordinating resolutions to issues.
- Manage activities required to select, sources and implement new equipment for assembly and testing.
- Use sound benchmarking principals and techniques as required for process analysis.
- Shift work may be required.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold an Engineering degree or a diploma from a technical college.
- Having an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer License or equivalent would be an advantage.
- You have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Aerospace (Manufacturing & Maintenance).
- You have hands on knowledge of typical avionics and mechanical test equipment and troubleshooting techniques.
- You have knowledge of aircraft systems operations including controls, indications, recording, and diagnostic reporting.
- You have problem solving skills associated with aircraft assembly and testing.
- You have a good knowledge of system installation technical requirements.
- You have in-depth understanding of the Bombardier Manufacturing / Engineering Systems.
- You have strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Some travel may be required.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 31.10.2017, 11:18:10 AM