2 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 53557BR Date posted 09/11/City Danbury
If you want to help make our world a better and safer place – in space, in the air, on the ground, in the sea – then ISR & Space Systems team may be the place for you. Every day we support the nation on the critical missions of warfighters and astronauts with cutting-edge technology, information, reconnaissance and life-support systems. Our mission is their safety and success.
Do you have what it takes to push the boundaries of leading edge, future shaping technologies, deliver results while working with a diverse team of talented individuals, and challenge yourself knowing that what you do matters to the country and the warfighter? Are you Mission Ready? This job is for you!
We at ISR & Space Systems are the world leaders in high altitude and space based electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. and foreign military in mission critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for supporting and protecting those who protect our freedom and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver.
As Supervisor, Business Management, you will have the opportunity to directly impact the business unit financial results and be exposed to senior leaders within the organization and external customers. You will be responsible for leading a team that will ensure contractual requirements are met which satisfy the division, corporation and customer financial goals and objectives. A key contributor that supports development and deployment of business management processes, procedures, computer systems / tools to improve program execution.
* Develop and manage program baselines, estimate at completions (EAC), forecasts (Sales, Profit and Cash Flow), and product line costs
* Manage product line P&L’s and key salient reporting (Sales, Orders, Profit and Cash Flow)
* Conduct variance analysis based on actuals, spend plans and trends
* Conduct Earned Value Management reporting internally / externally
* Manage a team of 10+ program financial analysts at varying levels of skill and experience coaching and developing your team to achieve business results.
* Multi-task multiple projects
* Manage and develop program proposals
* Ensure accurate financial performance milestones and metrics
* Collaborate with Program Managers, Contract Managers, and Cost Account Managers to ensure effective management of the program and that all deliverables are met.
Qualification: You must have a minimum of 10 years of business management experience with at least 5 in Aerospace and/or Government Contracting and 2 years directly managing a team of individuals. This is a working supervisor position requiring you to lead your team as well as manage program financial responsibilities.
* A strong working knowledge Earned Value Management reporting disciplines including initial IBR and program schedule development
* Experience supporting customer reports and audits.
* Ability to obtain a security clearance. Holding an active DOD clearance or Special Access Security clearance is a plus.
* Highly skilled in excel spreadsheet development
* A solid foundation in general program accounting including; program EAC preparation, unbilled and backlog analysis, direct labor, sales and cash forecasting, along with inventory and discretionary funds management is essential.
* A working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations.
* Experience in bid and proposal preparation, including DCAA audit, fact-finding and contract negotiations.
* Ability to successfully affect change.
* Strong written, verbal, analytical skills
* Results oriented with ability to achieve deadlines
* Problem solving
* Self-starter with a track record of success
* Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
* As a leader, you must be able to motivate employees and foster a team environment through training, counseling, and coaching and must be willing to roll up your sleeves and work right alongside your team.
* Skilled in working many projects at once.
Education: Minimum of a bachelor's degree in business, engineering or related field. MBA, CPA is preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.