7 days ago
As a Communications Systems Engineer, you will design, develop, and deliver state-of-the-art communication systems for space-based applications for commercial, civil, milsatcomm, and/or national security programs.. You will lead a highly-motivated team that works with domestic or international customers on their latest satellite systems.
* Define and develop satellite communications systems and payload architectures
* Lead trade studies
* Define and verify space communication system requirements and interfaces
* Lead system-level CONOPS development, functional analysis and decomposition
* Lead system-level integration and validation
* Perform analyses and simulations for space communication systems, including: link analysis, signal distortion, system capacity, reliability, and performance
* Develop analysis tools using MATLAB and object-oriented software platforms
* Develop and verify system algorithms that meet functional and performance requirements
* Perform hardware procurement, design reviews, and unit sell-off
* Lead system test preparation, execution, troubleshooting, and verification
* Mentor the program junior communication systems engineers and review their work for quality.
Project assignments typically span the complete program life cycle, from internal trades, concept studies and system definition, to satellite development, launch, and on-orbit operations and test. Candidates will belong to a systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test engineers, and senior technologists.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires an active Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
Typical Education & Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Qualified candidate should be able to demonstrate proficiency in analog and digital communication theory and systems, RF/microwave design and theory, digital signal processing (DSP), electromagnetics, waveform design, optical or networked communications, and antenna theory while applying their theoretical knowledge in resolving real world problems.
Education or experience with digital communications
Experience working on satellite or space based communication systems
Leadership experience with a small team
* Proficiency in Matlab and C++ is desirable
* Good communication skills, ability to effectively work with various engineering disciplines.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award