The Boeing Company is currently seeking a Mid-Career Test Engineer in support of the (Intercontinental Ballistic Missile) ICBM Squadron Data Simulator Replacement program.
• Debriefs test team to evaluate test performance and obtains authorization to break/alter configuration. Prepares special test procedures to support failure investigation. Develops the plan for the next test activities or events based on results. Authorizes reallocation, disposition or refurbishment of test articles and assets.
• Designs test hardware, software and systems to achieve test requirements. Uses analytical tools to verify the design. Specifies requirements for hardware, software, models, instruments and support equipment as required to meet test objectives. Coordinates the manufacture and assembly of the test hardware and validates conformance to design specifications.
• Supports the development and verification of test methods.
• Develops complex test plans to identify test approach, resources (e.g., people, capital, facilities), schedules and cost estimates that meet applicable requirements, standards and regulations.
• Develops detailed test procedures, and instrumentation and configuration definition, needed to perform the test and minimize risk within the constraints of the test plan.
• Analyzes, processes, and formats data to customer requirements. Reviews test data, including off-nominal data, for accuracy, quality and/or fidelity prior to delivery to customer.
• Gathers information from sources such as specifications, technology experts, contracts, test plans and system engineering to define complex test requirements, facilities and test articles in accordance with applicable program statement of work and regulatory requirements as a basis for test planning.
• Performs test in accordance with approved test plan/procedure and applicable policies. Troubleshoots and addresses anomalies. Makes decisions based on emergent conditions. Collects data for processing as required.
• Defines and oversees test article configuration by providing work instructions and detailed change information. Coordinates the integration of test specific hardware and validates conformance to test specifications. Conducts test readiness reviews, safety reviews and data/control systems checkout to minimize risks. Performs calibrations and system check-out/validation to satisfy test requirements. Develops and validates software for data acquisition and analysis. Prepares complex daily execution plans for effective use of all test resources.
• Prepares and publishes test reports to document test results and satisfy requirements. Presents test results internally. Documents and reports lessons learned and performance metrics to improve future testing and makes recommendations to improve processes. Archives data and reports as required.
• Works under minimal supervision.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Networks & Space SystemsRelocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.Qualifications
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Required Experience / Skills:
Experience with Signal Generator / Signal Analyzers
Oscilloscopes and other test equipment
Interim Clearance Pre-Start
IP Packet Analyzer,
Testing and Evaluating Wave Forms
Level 3: Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Individual ContributorJob Type
Yes, 10 % of the TimeContingent Upon Program Award