5 months ago
As a Communications Systems Engineer Analyst, you will contribute to the design and development of space based communication systems for commercial, civil, Department of Defense and/or national security programs. You will be part of a highly-motivated team that works with domestic or international customers on their latest satellite systems.
* Support development of satellite communications system architectures
* Lead definition of communication satellite payload and ground system requirements
* Lead performance analyses for space communication systems, including: link analysis, signal quality, system capacity, availability, etc.
* Develop models and simulations of space communication systems including space, network and user segments in support of architecture trade studies
* Develop software based analysis and simulation tools using MATLAB and object-oriented software platforms
* Perform waveform development and characterization
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires an active Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
Typical Education & Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
3+ years advanced experience using MATLAB
Experience performing digital communication systems analysis including; signal quality analysis, availability analysis, capacity analysis or communication network sizing
* Experience developing software applications using C++, Python, Visual Basic
* Knowledge of modeling and simulation techniques for digital communication systems
* Familiarity with statistical analysis as well as data analytics techniques for large data sets
* Experience with satellite communications
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award