21 days ago
* Are you interested in being a valuable member of the team building one of our nation’s primary defensive missile systems? Patriot missiles have been protecting our nation’s warfighters and allies for decades. Boeing Huntsville has a multi-year contract to develop, manufacture, and test the Patriot Advanced Capability-3 (PAC-3) missile seeker and future improvements. This contract and associated site consolidations are driving significant, long-term growth for the PAC-3 engineering team on the Huntsville campus.
* This position is for an experienced Software Engineer on PAC-3 in Huntsville, AL. Note: Through 2018 there will be extensive travel (> 50%) while site consolidation activities are completed. A Domestic Temporary Assignment to Huntington Beach, CA for 6 to 12 months is also a possibility if the employee and program management concur.
* Leads activities to develop, document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
* Leads development of code and integration of complex software components into a fully functional software system.
* Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
* Provides technical leadership for software projects and leads software supplier management activities.
* Leads development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes, tools and metrics.
* Plans, executes and documents software research and development projects.
* Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations.
* Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards.
* Works under minimal direction.
Basic Relocation Only
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Missiles and Weapon Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
* This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
* Experience or education to collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
* Experience with software programming languages. Programming languages encompass C++ and other higher order languages, auto-coded languages and assembly languages.
* Experience with real-time software architecture and design methodologies. Ability to synthesize real-time software architectures and designs that meet real-time requirements, characteristics and constraints.
* Basic familiarity with digital processor design, memory mapping and external I/O implementations. Ability to assimilate hardware implementations and constraints from processor handbooks and device data sheets.
* Ability to collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
* Basic familiarity with digital processor design, memory mapping and external I/O implementations.
* Ability to assimilate hardware implementations and constraints from processor handbooks and device data sheets.
* Experience developing mathematical algorithms, especially for antenna array signal processing, including waveform selection, target search, detection and track under the direction of senior team members.
* Experience in radar and signal processing software
* Ability to isolate processor and external I/O problems with the use of with processor probes and digital analyzers.
* Experience with Green Hills Development Environment, LabVIEW, ClearCase, ADA, C++, tracker theory, sensor or signal processing.
Basic Relocation Only
Typical Education / Experience:
Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award