4 months ago
Military Business Development Senior Manager
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 58226BR Date posted 12/15/City Chula Vista
UTC Aerospace Systems designs, manufactures and services integrated systems and components for the aerospace and defense industries. UTC Aerospace Systems supports a global customer base with significant worldwide manufacturing and customer service facilities.
UTC Aerospace Systems employs approximately 42,000 people worldwide with approximate annual sales of ~$14 billion.
The Aerostructures business unit, headquartered in Chula Vista, Calif., is one of eight business units within UTC Aerospace Systems. With a global network of facilities, Aerostructures is a world leader in the design, development, production, integration and support of jet engine nacelle systems for commercial aircraft.
UTC Aerospace Systems is among the largest global suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and industrial products. We design and manufacture aerospace systems for commercial, regional, corporate and military aircraft and are a major supplier for international space programs.
- Drive business growth and develop new business, strategic partnerships for the enterprise including: current customers, new customers, FMS opportunities and adjacencies.
- Guide R&D investments to capture new business
- Working with current and new customers to establish requirements and mission needs that match BU’s current and future product capabilities.
- Responsible for identifying, qualifying and creating long term relationships with military personnel at every level including operators, buyers, requirements developers, program managers, logistics planners, contractors and senior leaders.
- Responsible for presenting products, technology and developmental capabilities to target military customers and prime contractors supporting military customers.
- Responsible for developing trusted coaches inside customer organizations to help ensure that UTC Aerospace Systems Aerostructures maintains a fair competitive position
- Responsible for supporting proposals as the Capture Manager associated with assigned customers or assisting with other proposals as directed
- Responsible for developing capture strategies, making product recommendations and coordinating pursuit plans and activities. Principal interface with the customers for all business development matters
- Help to build business models and programs that help partners to achieve their business goals.
- Drive portfolio assessment initiatives / gap strategy (i.e., liaison with contracts, M&A, finance, aftermarket)
- Work with program management teams to negotiate terms with potential customers
- Manage the ongoing commercial relationships with partners including reporting, analysis and contract renegotiations.
Qualification: - 10 years prior business, acquisition or program development experience or military equivalent acquisition or operational experience
- Proven track record in new business development and a wide and varied knowledge of the Aerospace industry.
- Experience in negotiating tough situations with both internal and external groups, can win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Financial understanding of costs and pricing and ability to estimate/calculate.
- Ability to generate professional oral and written commutation and commutate with customers and all level of the organization.
Education: -- 4-year college degree is required
--Advanced degree, MBA or other, is preferred
--Engineering degree is welcomed in combination with business degree or demonstrated aptitude for business
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.