• Works effectively and cooperatively with fellow employees, peers from other teams and/or parts of the organization and occasionally external customers; establishes and maintains good working relationships by actively involving others and helping them feel valued, appreciated, and included in discussions. Places higher priority on team and/or organization goals than on own goals. Offers to provide help and/or leadership to other teams and/or employees and occasionally external customers when they need assistance.
• Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops and sustains productive customer relationships; uses information to understand customers' circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs; periodically becomes involved in sharing information with customers to build their understanding of issues and capabilities; considers how actions or plans will affect customers; responds quickly to meet customer needs and resolve problems; assists higher graded employees and/or project team leaders in implementing ways to monitor and evaluate customer concerns, issues, and satisfaction and to anticipate customer needs.
• Identifies and fills gaps in information required to understand strategic issues. Organizes information and data to identify/explain problems and causes; compares and combines information to identify underlying issues. Generates and considers options for actions to achieve a long-range goal or vision of organization; develops decision criteria considering factors such as cost, benefits, risks, and timing; presents recommendation on the strategy most likely to succeed. Identifies the key tasks and resources needed to achieve objectives. Provides support to ensure that strategies are carried out.
• Complete knowledge of aircraft structure, materials strengths and properties, design criteria, loading conditions, and processes (e.g. non-destructive testing, corrosion prevention).
• Complete ability to read, understand, and interpret basic engineering drawings and specifications.
• Fully knowledgeable about material processing for metals (e.g., welding forging, heat treat, machining, forming), polymers and composites (e.g., autoclave curing, lay-up, co-curing, repair), sealants and finishes processing (e.g., plating, painting, surface preparation, fay surface sealing, fillet sealing), and ceramic (e.g., high temperature processing, machining) and electronic materials (e.g., soldering, printed circuit board cleaning, conformal coating).
• Complete understanding and ability to apply job practices and techniques pertaining to non-destructive evaluation processes. Able to interpret results against published standards.
• Complete knowledge and the ability to interpret policies, practices, processes, and procedures, i.e. ISO resources including documentation, as they apply to technical documentation to ensure quality product delivery.
• Complete knowledge of structural repair principles (e.g., fatigue and corrosion, stress analysis, statics, materials strength, material characteristics, repair techniques). Knowledge of structural repair, overhaul, nondestructive inspection, corrosion control, and composites.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Basic Qualifications / Requirements:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.