about 1 month ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
* Perform structural analysis using standard analysis methods and finite element analysis in support of Nacelle Component manufacturing repairs (MRB).
* Produce stress concurrence on MRB dispositions considering strength, weight, cost, assembly and delivery schedules, and in service reparability.
* Generate reports suitable for transmittal to Airworthiness Authority and customer.
* Communication of technical issues through written, verbal and presentation media. Works well in a team environment.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
1. Background in MRB and structural analysis (classical hand analysis and finite element skills).
2. Composites stress analysis experience required.
3. Nastran & Patran experience.
4. Aircraft/airframe manufacturing, repair, and composite/metallic structures stress experience.
5. Good communication skills, team oriented, PC/Unix computing skills.
1. Worked in MRB stress engineering teams with engine/airframe companies.
* BS degree in Engineering with 4-7+ years aerospace structures manufacturing experience or
* MS degree with 2-4+ years experience OR
* PhD degree with 0-2+ years experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.