20 days ago
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Completely and independently set up, adjust and operate 5 or more axis numerically controlled abrasive fluid jet equipment to cut, trim, shape and profile a variety of metallic or non-metallic material. Use all forms of control media, program documents and/or manually operate or enter any required data to accomplish assignment.
* Position and fasten work holding devices and parts.
* Check own setup and work to be certain that finished parts will meet quality requirements and specifications.
* Coordinate work between other groups or departments.
* Perform necessary machine adjustments such as regulation and adjustment of flow/pressure, removal and replacement of jet tips, etc.
* Convey information relative to machine adjustments and set up to lower grade employees.
* Perform daily probing routine as required to verify set points for accuracy and reliability of the multi-axis routing process.
* Work from prints, sketches, templates, specifications, work orders and verbal instructions.
* Perform and check bench work using precision measuring instruments, hand and power tools necessary to accomplish work assignment.
* Plan, develop, and fabricate shop aids to accomplish work assignments.
* Check shop orders, materials and condition of templates, jigs, fixtures, etc., for correctness and usability.
* Maintain an accurate log of machine operations, check machine for wear and/or function and identify any machine problems.
* Maintain appropriate levels of perishable supplies such as garnet, replaceable bed, and machine parts required for normal operator maintenance.
* Operate various computing systems as required to perform work.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will be considered as this job is not installed in QTTP. This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement. High school graduate or GED preferred.
Experience using precision measuring tools.
Experience as a machine operator, writing and editing CNC programs.
Experience using a computer such as internet navigation, email, Microsoft Office and/or other specialized computer applications.
Experience reading and interpreting assembly instructions or drawings.
At least 1 year of experience operating 3, 5, or 5 axis NC/CNC machine tools.
Experience using an abrasive water jet machine to cut, trim, or shaping the following materials: Aluminum, Hard metal materials/parts, Composites.
Able to work with and around hazardous materials (while using the proper protective equipment).
Training from a CORE PLUS program within manufacturing.
Training from a Community and Technical College program within manufacturing.
Contingent Upon Program Award