6 months ago
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Router operators in this position set-up, adjust and operate a six axis Numerically Controlled (NC) Router, to drill holes and cut periphery of flat sheet compound detail parts.
Job Responsibilities include:
* Employment in this position also requires bending at the waist, carrying 10-35 pounds, crouching, finger manipulation, lifting less than 10 pounds, pushing/pulling less than 10 pounds, rotation of head/neck, sitting, standing, walking, contact with metals, lubricants, exposure to noise, nonionizing radiation, vibration, energized sources and atmospheric conditions, and the use of personal safety gear for face/eye, hand/arm, ears and feet.
* Prepare to set-up job (e.g. production orders, first lots, tape tryouts) by reviewing hot list, work order, tie-in sheets, operator's or setup documents and drawings.
* Ensure that the correct work order, drawings, operator documents, and part(s) are at the machine for the material to be worked.
* Ensure that the tools or fixtures are free from visible defects.
* Move material/parts and fixtures by using overhead crane, electric stacker and pallet jacks, as required.
* Check machine set-up and/or parts completed by previous operator to determine progress on a job, as required, and ensure safe working conditions.
* Select machine accessories (e.g., fixtures, pins, chucks, collar, probes).
* Verify that machine is in good condition. Identify fixtures, or templates to be used.
* Locate part on Numerically Controlled Manufacturer Fixture (NCMF), and/or on vacuum fixture, using index pins, or hold down pins/clamps, as required.
* Turn on vacuum line, and remove hold down pins as required.
* Retrieve and download Numerical Control (NC) programs to machine controller using computing equipment and downloading from various servers/data bases.
* Select and check cutters/drills per program or NC documents.
* Ensure cutters/drills are the correct type, length, diameter, and are sharp and in good condition.
* Replace worn, chipped, and defective tools, check/adjust overall tool length by using a height gauge and hand tools, as required.
* Load and unload tools, following program information and set-up documents, using hand tools (e.g., wrenches, mallets, spanners) into Automatic Tool Changer (ATC), using appropriate safety equipment, as required.
* Set machine coordinates or index points per NC documents including cutter offset/compensations, tool heights, and probes, using controller keyboard, as required.
* Run CNC programs following CNC documents and/or program.
* Operate the machine to cut/drill holes (e.g., pilot holes, rough/detail, periphery cuts), in various compound contour aluminum parts (e.g., dome web, leading edge, raked wing tip), as required.
* Monitor machine settings (e.g., machine speed, feed rate) and adjust as necessary to correct machining problems or to prepare for next operation in sequence.
* Perform minor editing of programs per shop requirements, as required.
* Monitor machine during operation for unusual vibration or sounds, watch machine gauges and controller display or digital readout for warnings, visually check cutter/drill path, clearance, chips, to ensure smooth operation.
* Check work after completion of each operation in job and/or completed job to ensure part features are complete per drawing, specification documents, or sketches and that there are no defects.
* Handle and protect components and assemblies in accordance with shop procedures and drawing requirements.
* Perform Statistical Process Control (SPC) functions, as required.
* Sell in process or finished work to inspector, as required by W/O or shop policy.
* Handle and dispose of hazardous materials (e.g., solvents) in approved manner (per Material Safety Data Sheets) using personal protective equipment as required.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will be considered as this job is not installed in QTTP. This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement. High school graduate or GED preferred.
* Experience using precision measuring tools.
* Experience as a machine operator, writing and editing CNC programs.
* Experience using a computer such as internet navigation, email, Microsoft Office and/or other specialized computer applications.
* Experience reading and interpreting assembly instructions or drawings.
* At least 1 year of experience operating 3, 4, or 5 axis NC/CNC machine tools.
* Able to work with and around hazardous materials (while using the proper protective equipment).
* Training from a CORE PLUS program within manufacturing.
* Training from a Community and Technical College program within manufacturing.
Contingent Upon Program Award