2 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Its expertise encompasses the entire life cycle of its products, from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul. Safran Landing Systems is a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of civil, regional, business and military transport. Safran Landing Systems provides support for 27,000 aircraft making over 54,000 landings every day. Safran Landing Systems has a staff of more than 7,200 in Europe, North America and Asia.
Main domain/Job field
Production - Product testing
Regular Full time
Part time / Full time
To apply and verify applicable Safran Landing Systems
quaiity processes and procedures in combination with
Transport Canada requirements to ensure timely delivery of aerospace products to both internal and external
• The ability to inspect materials, products, and work in process for conformance to drawing specifications and manufacturing layouts.
• To test and measure components/assemblies for functioning, operation, accuracy, to verify specifications.
• To observe and monitor production operations and equipment to ensure proper assembly of parts, and or assists in testing and monitoring activities.
• An ability to mark items for acceptance or rejection, records test results and inspection data, and compares findings with specifications to ensure conformance to standards.
• Be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, manufacturing / assembly layouts, and applicable work travelers
• To continuously improve and optimize the work processes, methods and tools.
• To participate in the planning, decision-making, organizing and controlling of his team's activities, within the scope of the team's responsibilities.
Candidate skills & requirements
• University/College degree or equivalent coupled with 3 years relevant aerospace experience
• Must have Level 2 CGSP certification
• Must have NAS 410 Level 2 certification from a recognized aerospace prime in LPI and MPI and be in a position to pass an internal NAS 410 Level 2 examination in the referenced elements.
• Competent in using a wide range of measuring instruments, and test equipment.
• Competent decision making skills are required.
• Basic Computer Knowledge is required.
• Knowledge in shipping and receiving requirements a desired asset.
• AME license would be considered an asset.
• The ability to work shifts when required.
• Knowledge of Special Processes principles
• Using Special Processes equipment (set-up, installation, tooling)
• Inspection skills (using the measuring tools and equipment to control the product quality)
• Knowledge of Quality Assurance documents (Inspection Plans, Non-Conformance Reports, etc).
• Problem Solving
• Able to read drawings and layouts (interpreting all the information and tolerances contained in the drawings and identifies the critical areas of parts and operations).
• Communication Skills
• Interpersonal Skills (involving working effectively with others, consistent with the company's values)
All applicants must be over the age of 18 and meet all requirements for:
Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.
Safran Landing Systems Canada, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If there are any accommodations required during your visit please make us aware.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be notified.
All notifications will be via e-mail, therefore, please ensure address is included, thank-you.
North America, Canada, Ontario, Toronto
Minimum education level achieved
College/ Technical Diploma/ Associates Degree
Minimum experience level required
More than 3 years
27 days ago
only 16 days until close