4 months ago
NDT Inspector B
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 53647BR Date posted 09/13/City Riverside
UTC- Aerospace Systems - Aerostructures, one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms, has an immediate opening for an NDT Inspector B at our Riverside, CA facility on 2nd shift (M-F 3:00-11:30p.m.) with some weekend support based on business need.
This classification requires the use of various Nondestructive Testing (NDT) methods in the inspection of all types of machined parts, aircraft parts, subassemblies, assemblies, installations, development parts, vendor manufactured parts, materials, etc., for the purpose of determining product or material acceptance, reliability, and integrity. The Non-destructive testing (NDT) Inspector will set up and operate equipment to perform NDT inspections and apply thorough knowledge of theory, methods, and procedures for the qualifying NDT method(s). Interprets and evaluates NDT method results for acceptance or rejection, read and interpret blueprints, drawings, work instructions, and specifications. Performs inspection operations and completes all related documentation in accordance with all customer and company policies, procedures, work instructions, and specifications. Incumbent will perform or assist with new development work, as needed. Performs routine tasks to support manufacturing needs.
TYPICAL WORK PERFORMED:
* Sets up and operates equipment to perform NDT inspections in accordance with approved work instructions.
* Work from verbal and written instruction, such as procedures, repair work orders, technique sheets, blueprints etc., to plan and perform the sequence of operations required to inspect parts for non-conformance.
* Sets up and operates tooling and equipment, and when necessary, make offsets and adjustments to ensure valid test results. Performs check and calibrations of test process media to maintain test integrity.
* Perform inspection operations and complete all related documentation in accordance with all applicable customer and company policies, procedures, work instructions, and specifications.
* Inspects parts for material defects and irregularities. Interpret test results and accepts parts that meet applicable standards. Identify non-conformance based on location size, orientation and pattern in accordance with established criteria.
* Identify recurring inspection issues and recommend changes in methods or equipment to eliminate errors.
* Perform routine servicing throughout the assigned area following specified procedures to ensure TPM’s and equipment functionality.
* Work with technical support groups and provide technical leadership to develop and experiment with new techniques for inspecting new, changed or unique parts or inspection equipment. Generate develop procedures and work process documentation to support same.
* Prepares parts to be inspected to assure Quality results and prevent excess water ingression.
* Perform equipment standardization, prepare parts and conduct performance checks in in accordance with appropriate work process standards.
* Perform assigned duties and tasks not specifically noted above to support employees’ growth and development.
* Refer problems to Inspector A, Level III or Team leader as appropriate to resolve difficulties.
Qualification: Incumbents must have documented the required hours of formal training per Rohr Inc.’s (a UTC Aerospace Systems Company) procedure for Qualification & Certification of Nondestructive Test Personnel and be certified in one inspection method within ultrasound, radiographic and/or a new inspection methodology.
Must have ability to follow written and verbal instruction as well as strong communication and team work skills.
May be assigned to carry out tasks not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individual’s skills.
Experience with non-film radiography
Education: Incumbents must possess a minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent and have at least 6 months to 6 years’ experience in NDT Inspection activities.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.