9 months ago
Department Marketing Statement
Parker Aerospace is a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. The company supports the world’s aircraft manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft.
The NDT Level II Inspector is a key contributor of our Quality Team. This role will perform a variety of FPI and x-ray operations and inspections, read, interpret and understand appropriate drawings, procedures and instructions and operate all required radiographic equipment. The Inspector will also perform routine maintenance on radiographic and FPI equipment as needed and will assist with OJT training for Level 1 technicians. The incumbent will work with the Level 3 to improve processes and reduce waste in the value stream.
• Assist in scheduling workload of X-ray and FPI operations.
• Perform cycle counts to improve efficiencies in the department.
• Work with floor supervisors to help establish production routines.
• Ensure that travelers, routings and TMD's are being complied with throughout the department.
• Operate Digital X-ray equipment and FPI Lines as required.
• Read and understand part drawings and specifications associated with NDT.
• Learn/perform basic computer operations.
• Work closely with the engineering group and weld and braze specialists.
• Perform other duties as requested
• High School diploma or GED.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with proven success in a team environment
• Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
• Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations
• At least 2 years’ experience as a Level II in Radiography and FPI
• Certifiable to NAS-410 and/or SNT-TC-1A, Level II, RT and PT
• Ability to present objective evidence of Formal Classroom Instruction
• Ability to present objective evidence of OJT or prior certification record
• Candidate with Digital RT experience preferred, but strong film interpretation background will be considered
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Residency is required for this position.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
This job is part of a job family and will be filled at a level appropriate to the selected applicant's experience.