23 days ago
This position is part of Boeing IT Infrastructure Global Network Engineering Site Design group to provide support to complex network infrastructure in Mesa, AZ and other Boeing sites.
Network support is for the Boeing Enterprise Network (BEN). As a member of the Global Network Engineering Site Design team this individual would work closely with other network professionals in planning, implementing and maintaining network solutions that meet business requirements.
* Leads and performs the identification, analysis and documentation of requirements for network transport technologies and services (e.g., voice, video, data, wireless, cable, wire) based on customer goals, objectives, cost and security constraints, to provide input into the design process.
* Creates and documents designs that conform to architectural and security standards, to meet customer requirements, using design templates and standard implementation packages.
* Coordinates and provides consultative support for routine implementation packages per Boeing standards.
* Provides Level 3 Incident/Problem Management support in preventative, proactive and reactive maintenance to meet service restoration and network availability objectives, using network analysis and monitoring tools.
* Supports and participates in component research to provide input for more comprehensive evaluation.
* Leads and performs implementation planning for tactical multi-technology insertion projects, using established project management methodologies for the purpose of controlling costs and ensuring adherence to project plan.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
CIO, Information & Analytics
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Typical Education & Experience:
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
* Development experience in network communication systems.
* Experience configuring computing networks.
* Experience with network design, implementation and maintenance of Cisco switches, routers, and routing protocols.
* Written and verbal communications skills.
* Scripting and automation skills.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award