2 months ago
Manager, Network and Security Solutions
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
Come be a part of an energetic and cohesive Network & Network Security Engineering Team at Alaska Airlines. The Network Engineer III works with a team of engineers that help design, deploy, and maintain Alaska's enterprise network. This role requires a minimum of 5 years of dedicated and progressive network engineering experience with the ability to demonstrate expertise in the design, deployment, and daily operation of an enterprise-class network, including network management and trouble resolution, configuration development, and deployment.
This role requires the application of interpersonal skills with the ability to foster and grow business relationships. A customer-first focus is key to your success and a strong history of achievement working on cross-organizational projects and nurturing both internal and external relationships to design robust solutions and resolve issues is critical. Strong process awareness and the ability to help mature an organization through a cycle of continuous improvement is essential.
Scope & Complexity
- This position supports network engineering activities for Alaska Air Group (AAG) and its subsidiaries.
- Collaborates with Enterprise Architects to develop network engineering solutions, including developing RFPs, vendor evaluations, industry research, production evaluation, and proof of concepts.
- Analyzes and translates customer requirements into network design deliverables, pilot projects, and smooth handoffs to operations.
- Develops detailed network design artifacts, including design analysis, network diagrams, test plans, and low level network configuration documents.
- Ensures the technical accuracy of all designs within the scope of the existing production network infrastructure.
- Installs and configures enterprise network devices (e.g., routers, switches, wireless access points, and wan optimizers).
- Installs and configures enterprise security devices (e.g., firewalls, VPN, and remote access solutions).
- Analyzes and maintains performance data to ensure optimal network utilization.
- Maintains full life cycle processes for network equipment, including OS patching and upgrades.
- Monitors, alerts, troubleshoots, and resolves issues and escalations to the appropriate technical resources.
- Works directly with customers to resolve incidents.
- Monitors and manages all network devices, responds to alerts, and analyzes log output for regular network sustainment.
- Contributes to the continuous process improvement life cycle that drives operational excellence.
- Stays abreast of trends and changing technologies as they relate to the field of IT Networking.
- Participates in team's after hours and on-call rotation as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years of dedicated and progressive network engineering experience.
- A minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience managing Cisco IOS.
- A minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience managing Cisco NX-OS.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience supporting a large enterprise environment (e.g., multi-building campus, MAN/WAN, >5000 users).
- Comfortable working within a highly critical data center environment with absolute adherence to change control process.
Thorough understanding of IP protocols at all layers of the OSI and IP stack.
- Thorough understanding of major routing protocols including EIGRP, BGP, and OSPF.
- Working knowledge of layer 2 switching technologies, VLAN, spanning tree protocol, and Cisco switching best practices and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of IP protocols at all layers of the OSI and IP stack.
- Ability to interpret data captures and debug at packet level.
- Strong understanding of all concepts within the scope of Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certifications.
- Strong knowledge of troubleshooting methodology.
- Knowledge of QoS, DSCP, and traffic engineering for VoIP.
- Ability to develop work breakdown structures for project planning.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and presentation skills.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- 2 years of hands-on experience managing Cisco and/or Checkpoint and/or Fortinet Firewalls.
- Hands-on experience installing and configuring F5 load balancers.
- Familiarity with ITIL process and procedures.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree, with a focus in computer science or another IT-related discipline, is preferred.
- CCIE or CCNP professional certification is preferred.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: September 14, 2017
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.