6 months ago
New Product Development Manager
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 48975BR Date posted 05/26/City Jamestown
State North Dakota
Country United States
The New Product Development Manager will accountable for Project Management and Technical Product Development within the Design Engineering organization. This position will encompass approximately 8 direct reports with approximately 30 sub-level (indirect) reports. Reporting up to the Site Engineering Manager, this position with be aligned/lateral to the Technology Manager, Operations Support & Post-Certification Manager, and the Engr Operations Excellence Manager.
* Accountability and Management of Project Managers responsible for the Planning and Execution of Company and Customer funded projects; including Integrated Master Schedules, Risk Management, Deliverables Mapping/Tracking, and coordination with internal/external stakeholders
* Accountability and Management of Engineering Managers responsible for New Product Introduction within the Disciplines of Mechanical Design, Electrical Design, Software Development, Test Engineering, and Systems Engineering; including technical coordination with internal/external stakeholders
* Responsibility for the Project Portfolio Planning and Management including interface and coordination with Business Development
* Accountability for Engineering Capacity Planning (Resource Forecasting) for Contracted, Proposed, and Potential development projects
* Accountability for Interiors Budget Authorization Requests (IBARs) to fund development projects
* Accountability of the Earned Value Management System for IBAR approved projects
* Accountable for Requirements Management (customer, company, regulatory) and associated scope management and deviation resolution
* Accountability for Reliability, Maintainability & Safety (RM&S) assessment during System development
* Accountability for driving the usage of the appropriate ACE(Achieving Competitive Excellence)/Lean Product Development tools to support cost-effective technical solutions with a focus on platform design, reuse, and knowledge-management.
* Responsibility for upward/outward status reporting to IAPS/UTAS/Customer platforms/parties
* Ensure compliance to all Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) policies & procedures
* Ensure compliance to all International Trade Compliance (ITC) policies & procedures
* Ensure compliance to all Quality Management System (QMS) policies & procedures
See ‘Education Required’. Experience/proficiency with all ‘Essential Responsibilities’ is required. Engineering leadership and direct report management experience is required (3-5 years is preferred).
Skills Required:Microsoft Project, PowerPoint/Word/Excel, CAD/PDM/PLM Knowledge/Familiarity, Earned Value Management, Requirements Management, Financial/Budgeting Acumen
Education: BA/BS degree with 6-10+ years
MA/MS degree with 4-7+ years
PhD degree with 2-4+ years
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.