3 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The NOR Senior Technician - Tool Designer will develop and document tool and fixture designs for both development and production hardware for aerospace products such as: permanent magnet alternators, power electronics, switches, bellows, temperature sensors, and ceramics.
In addition, the NOR Senior Technician - Tool Designer will :
* Design tools and fixtures for production hardware and associated sub-components for aircraft applications
* Perform analytical calculations necessary for designing tooling and fixtures (tolerance stack-ups, fits, torque requirements, thermal expansion at various temperatures etc.)
* Ensure design will conform to application stresses and packaging requirements
* Work with Manufacturing shop personnel and Process Engineering to assure that design producibility is achieved in a production environment
* Work with New Product Introduction Teams to create tooling for the assembly of experimental and released products to help optimize the manufacturing process
* Understand geometric tolerancing per Y14.5M - 1994 or equivalent
* Understand characteristics of materials used in design
* Seek to achieve maximum cost efficiency in design
* Prepare drawings using Computer Aided Design (CAD) system
* Be familiar with a variety of manufacturing processes – welding, brazing, assembly, machining, etc. and understand or learn the essential elements of design to support each
* Develop tooling designs from piece part or assembly prints
* Associate’s Degree in Engineering or other technical discipline from an accredited school or institution and a minimum of 2 years of work experience in tool design
* High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 5 years of experience in Tool Design
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Geometric tolerancing
* Excellent documentation skills
* Self-motivation and the ability to work independently or with a group are important for long-term success in this position
* Ability and willingness to take input and direction from more than one source, reconcile it and produce high quality work
* Tool and Fixture design using a 3-D modeling system
* Unigraphics experience is highly desirable
* Prior hands-on experience in production or tool room operations
* Desire to build site specific knowledge over time and apply it to improve quality and productivity of manufacturing to support growth
* Unigraphics NX-4 with Teamcenter experience
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; New York; Norwich
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.