3 months ago
As a Numerical Control Programmer for the Fabrication Organization, you will be a leader in defining new technologies and productivity tools, which will be widely deployed across the NC programming community. Additionally, you will provide NC programming and application development expertise for the organization. Primary responsibilities include:
Manages implementation of new and revised computing applications for design, machining or inspection systems
Develop Visual Basic applications that enhance NC Programming productivity
Consults with internal and external stakeholders to develop technical requirements for numerical control and manufacturing processes.
Identifies equipment and approaches, ensures accommodation of numerical control programming, and resolves manufacturing or production process concerns.
Develop productivity tools within the CAD /CAM environment to improve NC quality, cost, and flow
Develop and sustain Access databases, which may integrate with other systems.
Research new CAD / CAM / Robotic systems and capabilities, and develop strategies to leverage those systems
Identify requirements for Postprocessors; document, develop, test, and sustain.
Customize and configure Vericut Machine Tool Simulation for new equipment
Identify, document, review, and coordinate technical requirements for new machine tools and CNC controllers
Research new technologies for nesting
Trains and mentors less experienced programmers
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, experience and capabilities:
* Minimum of 6 years of experience as an NC Programmer
* Extensive experience developing user applications (Visual Basic) and productivity tools, within or interfacing with, a CAD / CAM system.
* This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
* Experience developing and maintaining Access or similar databases
* Experience customizing and configuring Vericut Machine Tool Simulation for new equipment
* Experience developing and maintaining postprocessors
Typical Education & Experience:
AA degree in related discipline and typically 6 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Contingent Upon Program Award