15 days ago
At Boeing Portland we engage the talent, pride and passion of people to be the leading supplier of flight critical, complex machined hardware to all of Boeing Commercial Airplanes for today and tomorrow. Here at Boeing Portland, we celebrate a culture around the Boeing Portland Production System—our unique way of transforming our lean Production System to align the site’s culture on safety, quality and continuous improvement. This culture engages our employees because their thoughts, ideas, and talents are valued. We are looking for teammates to join us that will be fully engaged and adaptable, will be team players and problem solvers, and will be excellent communicators.
As an NC Programmer for the Fabrication Organization, you will provide programming expertise for machined parts to support Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) programs. The NC Programmer will be primarily responsible for the following tasks:
* Provides metal part numerical control, machining and programming technical experience for machined parts.
* Establishes technical requirements for manufacturing and producibility.
* Plans, creates, verifies and revises Machine Control Data (MCD), probing, geometry and documentation for complex metal parts and assemblies.
* Creates MCD for a variety of machines types and controller configurations (3-axis, 4-axis, 5-axis, Mills, Lathes, Boring Mills, Fanuc, Siemens, Mazatrol).
* Plans and guides the development and integration of new machining techniques and manufacturing methods, processes, software and equipment.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
The successful candidate will have the following experience, skills and capabilities:
* 3 or more years of experience with the following:
* NC Programming
* Metal part programming
* CATIA V5
* Vericut - preferably version 7
* This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Typical Education / Experience:
AA degree in related discipline and typically 3 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 3 or more years of machined parts experience
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit. This position requires that you work out of Portland, OR. You must currently reside in the Greater Portland area (where relocating would not be required) or be willing to relocate at your own
Contingent Upon Program Award