2 months ago
Hageland Aviation is recruiting for an Operational Control Agent. This position is located in
Palmer, Alaska. The primary duty of an Operational Control Agent is to participate in the
company's exercise of Operational Control. Agents must be capable of participating in the process
of initiating, conducting, and terminating flight operations.
• Constantly communicate with pilots to ensure they and the company are aware of the
complexity of each and every flight.
• Coordinate with the aircraft maintenance department to ensure aircraft are airworthy and
suitable for the intended flight.
• Coordinate with the Chief Pilot to ensure assigned pilots are current and competent for the
• Gather, review, and disseminate aviation weather and NOTAMs to ensure the safe initiation,
and continuation of flights.
• Complete a Risk Assessment for all flights considering Equipment, Manpower, Weather,
and Runway risks.
• Implement and ensure conformance to the Company's Risk Assessment program, elevating
the decision making process as the level of risk rises.
• Monitor the progress of all company flights; ensuring precise flight locating practices.
• Communicate the company's aircraft movements.
• Update and maintain flight crew, aircraft, and airports data bases.
• Assist the Chief Pilot with crew scheduling tasks.
• Other duties as assigned
• Comfortable answering and talking on the phone
• Ability to learn and multi-task
• Capable of accessing information using the Internet
• High School Diploma or GED
• Valid Driver's License
• FAR Part 121 Aircraft Dispatch License
• Experience reading and interpreting aviation regulations
• Experience reading and interpreting aviation weather products
• Experience reading and interpreting aviation NOTAMs
• Knowledge of risk assessment and mitigation
• Knowledge of Alaska Geography