19 days ago
Life at Swoop.
When you work for Swoop, you’re a part of an entrepreneurial startup where nimble, bold, collaborative and digitally-focused are just a few of the words we use to summarize how we roll. Swoop is a wholly owned subsidiary of the WestJet Group (TSX: WJA) but make no mistake, we march to the beat of our own drum. At Swoop, our day-to-day operations are vastly different and deliberately separate, but carefully aligned to complement the big picture strategy of the group.
Posting Open Date: 04/03/2018
Posting Close Date: 04/17/2018 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
At Swoop we work hard and wear many hats and take on additional responsibilities are all part of how we roll. Proactive, self-starters who never shy away from a challenge and can juggle multiple priorities, fast-paced projects and tight timelines are sure to thrive at Swoop. Working in a fast-paced start-up environment means timelines are tight and cross-functional collaboration is vital.
We are seeking an Operations Coordinator reporting to the Manager, OCC. As a member of Swoop’s Operations Command Centre, the Operations Coordinator will Monitor the day-of flight operation for potential impacts to safe, on-time performance while considering all operational factors including flight crew resources, weather, air traffic control, airport restrictions, fleet planning, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, route restrictions, and guest experience.
In additional, this role will:
* Initiate Swoop’s Emergency Response process as required and act as the focal point for communications until the Emergency Response Center team is in place
* Support the Crew Scheduling department as required
* Liaise with shared OCC personnel responsible for the Operational Control of Swoop aircraft
* Liaise with all operational teams as required to develop IROP contingency and recovery plans to support flight schedule integrity and completion for the approval of the Manager, OCC
* Manage Movement Control Plot (FliteTrac) by performing functions such as creating and altering flight segments, forecasting flight delays, identifying priority flights
* Coordinate operational support requirements between flight crew and airports
* Liaise with flight crew, airports, and emergency response providers to ensure emergency medical assistance is provided as required
* Communicate significant IROP or operational concerns to the Manager, OCC
* Communicate any required strategic direction to all OCC teams pertaining to operational decisions
* Prepare daily reports and operational status updates detailing operational highlights and concerns to the Manager, OCC
* Escalate performance management concerns to the Manager, OCC as appropriate
* Route and maintain planned aircraft routings for a 48-hour operational window as directed by the Manager, OCC
* Required to work a rotational schedule including evening and/or overnight shifts
* Flight dispatch experience in a Type A “complex” operation would be an asset
* Experience with Sabre Movement Control software would be an asset
* Operational experience within an Operations Control environment or related training from an accredited institution would be an asset
* Strong analytical, problem solving, decision making, organization and communications skills required
* High degree of motivation and commitment to work in a fast paced, dynamic, changing environment
* Previous leadership experience with strong facilitation and mentoring skills would be an asset
* Ability to proactively identify problems, issues, opportunities, and solutions
* Ability to deal with stressful situations using diplomacy
* Ability to work under minimal supervision
High School or equivalent
Come fly with us. We’re going places, and you should be here.
What about the Benjamin’s?
At Swoop, we’re committed to offering a fair and competitive total compensation package that starts with a solid base salary, and complemented by perks like performance based profit sharing, a company-matched share purchase plan, flexible group benefits and of course, flight privileges.
We celebrate differences and diversity.
Swoop is an equal-opportunity employer, and our workplace culture is one where diversity and differences are embraced, appreciated and celebrated. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, transgender status, marital or family status, disability, age or convictions for which a pardon has been granted.