7 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Lead and manage industrial bearing – manufacturing operations for the Tyger River Bearings Plant. To achieve the world’s best performance results in the areas of product quality, delivery, reliability, product lead time, unit cost, customer satisfaction, and associate development.
END RESULTS & DELIVERABLES
Business Plan and Tactics:
1. Support and achieve goals set in the Industrial bearing business, market segments and TRP business plan.
2. Identify and complete tactical direction items. Monitor and report milestone progress monthly and quarterly as outlined in the TRP alignment/accountability review session timetable.
3. Communicate Industrial bearing business, market segments, and TRP business direction, goals, objectives and tactics in terms that are understandable to all associates for alignment purposes.
1. Ensure that pieces produced match the timing and quantity requested with the highest yield in the first time, as committed to with yearly Business Plans. Meet or exceed customer on time delivery demands.
2. Identify, support, and help implement programs designed to improve efficiency via revised production scheduling and reporting.
3. Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of production reporting. Develop a mechanism to feedback any changes to rates, routings, setup times, utilization, scrap etc. to the master database.
4. Identify, implement, and communicate procedures to improve the delivery of production machining, heat treat, grind, and shipping requirements of assembly.
5. Work closely with the Materials Management area to efficiently use and improve the availability of raw materials and component parts for production machining, heat treat, grinding and assembly.
1. Meet or exceed all quality goals set for the TRP area.
2. Monitor scrap and repair daily/weekly/monthly.
3. Identify and implement programs to reduce the cost of non-conformance.
4. Ensure procedures are in effect that maintain and continually improve the capability of the workforce.
5. Ensure all product is manufactured to product engineering specifications.
6. Identify and support the implementation of programs that reduce process variability.
7. Meet or exceed KPIs for customer satisfaction as stated in the yearly business plan.
8. Identify lean project opportunities to support business plan needs.
1. Achieve productivity goals.
2. Meet production needs as specified by Supply Chain Management to meet customer demand.
3. Identify and implement structural changes to assure continuous improvements in labor productivity, salary/administration, fixed and variable business expenses, and COGS line items.
4. Manage a training program to promote flexibility of workforce to meet all production schedules. Manage changes in production requirements to minimize the disruption of the labor force while maintaining or improving productivity levels.
5. Monitor weekly workforce scheduling (salary and hourly) to meet production and productivity goals.
6. Manage minimized in-process inventory, but still have sufficient inventory to insure an uninterrupted production flow.
7. Ensure that adequate quantities of stock are available to production machining and heat treat and work with Materials Management raw materials and WIP shortage issues.
8. Assist Area Managers in managing the shift assignments of operative associates to achieve a balanced workload and maximum production potential.
Fixed and Variable Expenses:
1. Monitor tooling, miscellaneous supplies and raw material consumption and assist Procurement/Logistics in changes required to improve pricing/delivery/inventory arrangements.
2. Identify, support, and help implement programs designed to reduce tooling and supply consumption.
3. Proactively seek additional plant volume to lower fixed cost break-even point.
1. Use the TMOS management concepts to involve all associates in executing our business plans and tactics and to institutionalize continuous improvement and resolve specific problems.
2. Regularly meet with all associates and make monthly visits to the midnight and afternoon shifts.
3. Strive to provide challenging, rewarding, and meaningful jobs that contribute to professional growth.
4. Maintain a positive workplace environment guided by the Timken vision and core values.
5. Meet or exceed Health and Safety goals for the plant, maintaining a clean, safe and healthy work environment through proactive EHS management.
Lead, direct and develop the Area Managers and Supervisors:
1. Use the FOCUS system to provide direction and enhance the performance of salary associates.
2. Continually challenge and seek growth opportunities for Area Managers and Supervisors developing their skills to be ready for promotional opportunities.
1. Understanding of product manufacturing and production processes: Production machining, heat treat, grinding, hard turning, quality and assembly processes.
2. Understanding of supporting operations to manufacturing including: Finance, engineering, capacity planning, human resources, lean, supply chain, production planning, order fulfillment, quality, maintenance, health and safety, budgeting and business planning.
3. BS in Engineering or Business Management with 7 yrs. work experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment.
4. SAP experience
5. Experience managing multiple departments and supervisors in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment.
1. Masters in Engineering or Business Management with 5 yrs. work experience in a manufacturing environment.
2. Lean Manufacturing certification (external or Timken)
3. Bearing manufacturing experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.