5 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 53327BR Date posted 09/12/City Rockford
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The Engine Systems (ESM) business unit has an opportunity for an Operations Manager, who is responsible for managing and driving the following business unit objectives, including identifying and implementing strategic, as well as tactical initiatives, and working closely with the Program Office.
Provide leadership for shop floor supervision, including daily production priority, engineering and quality clinic support, talent development, cross training, employee engagement, and performance management.
• Coordinate with Operations Leads to provide delivery commits for critical customer needs.
• Monitor and ensure efficient utilization of resources, equipment and facilities.
• Drive Operations On-Time Delivery performance.
• Drive daily tiered level shop floor management process.
• Create and maintain a safe working environment, ensuring compliance to ITC and EH&S policies and execution of annual targets.
• Drive process, quality and cost improvements utilizing the ACE tools, and support the site Lean Transformation objectives.
• Monitor and drive adherence to safety, ethics and quality rules, policies and procedures.
• Coordinate with BU resources (Engineering, Contracts, Program Management, etc) to support Operations.
• Develop and manage customer recovery strategies for delivery and quality, including presentations and communication tools.
• Manage special projects/initiatives to meet customer expectations.
Qualification: Minimum of 6-7 years experience in Operations, Assembly and Test preferred, and minimum of 3 years management experience. The prospective applicant must possess competencies in leadership, team building, program execution (ability to drive ownership and responsibility, planning, organizing), risk management, and customer management. The candidate must also possess a sound understanding of ACE Methodology and Standard Work.
Education: MS or Master's Degree in Business, Engineering or other applicable discipline.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.