Operations Manager IT - Crisis Management
Requisition #: 261167
Supports, influences and communicates the mission, goals and objectives, and practices of the Department, Technology Group and Delta IT. Demonstrates leadership across multiple projects, peer groups and departments in thought, initiative, responsibility, teamwork, actions and culture. Effectively manages relationship with the customer (internal or external). Demonstrates the ability to lead, motivate and develop staff.
- Provide daily supervision and direction to personnel supporting TCC floor.
- Help to resolve identify, troubleshoot and resolve Crisis Situations within the IT organization
- Ensure the availability, performance and operational integrity of the Information Systems and Networks serving the Delta enterprise.
- Communicate the business impact and ensure the right resources are available and engaged to quickly resolve any technology issue.
- Review support model and identify opportunities for continued process improvement.
- Effectively communicate with management, technical teams and Delta business.
- Track open issues and escalate as appropriate to insure operational success.
- Responsible for daily administrative tasks and projects which include technical support, point of contact for issues, creating reports, monitoring service levels, interface for customer services issues, etc.
- Coordinate activities with internal/external technology owners/service providers.
- Ensure that the Delta IT standards and procedures are adopted and implemented.
- Consult with other technology groups to ensure operational success.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving enterprise changes and additions and supporting Enterprise Change Management.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends through benchmarking, participation in professional associations etc. in order to lead strategic business direction of department.
- Communicate the departmental leadership vision/strategy and then manage people and technology to follow that direction.
- Monitors metrics, problems, trends, etc, in order to determine solutions, required process changes, etc. that will make the function more efficient.
Develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.
Job Qualifications: BS/BA, preferably in a technical or scientific field, with 6 or more years of experience in IT project based environment, or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.
Experience in IT Crisis Management is required. Ability to assess impact of IT crisis and resolutions to IT crisis situations.
The ideal candidate will possess the above as well as an MBA or applicable experience.
Strong leadership ability with a track record of developing people and achieving challenging objectives.
6 or more months performing IT Crisis Management required (12 months preferred).
Airline industry knowledge is a plus.
Must be performing satisfactorily in current position.