6 months ago
Operations Quality Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 57887BR Date posted 12/11/City Windsor Locks
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The Windsor Locks, CT Operations Quality Engineering team is looking for a highly motivated individual to support our Manufacturing, Assembly and Test Operations.
In this role you will:
* Provide daily quality engineering support for diverse products in heat exchangers, rotatives, environmental packs, fuel pumps and/or actuation.
* Interface with internal and external customers
* Partner with hourly and salary associates in a team environment
* Support our ACE culture by driving RRCA
* Manage multiple, fast paced problems simultaneously
* Generate reports for both internal and external customers
* Provide Quality Clinic support, customer returned material transactions, MCAB, Investigate Escapes, FOD, standard work, PFMEA’s, 8D , mistake proofing , AS9100 Compliance and Zero Defect Plan
Qualification: 2-4 years of experience in Quality, Engineering, and/or Operations
Excellence in ACE practices, and application of ACE tools for problem solving
Strong computer skills and familiarity with solumina, SAP, QN system and QIM system preferred
Bachelor of Science degree in relevant Engineering or Technical field
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.