8 months ago
Operations Quality Lead
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 53426BR Date posted 09/11/City Windsor Locks
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The Global Engine Airframes and Industrials (GEAI) business unit is seeking a highly motivated Operations Quality Lead professional to focus on the development, coordination, best practice implementation and standardization of key quality initiatives in Compliance, Customer Get to Green & Escape Reduction, Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) and other critical quality related tasks to drive and operational excellence across the GEAI sites.
* 3 to 5 years relevant experience in a quality role
* Support sites in implementing and maintaining key initiatives for improving and sustaining business performance relative to quality and delivery
* Strong communications and interpersonal skills
* Good analytical skills to develop, monitor, and interpret key metrics and business indicators, as well as develop and execute solutions to noted issues
* Must have excellent organizational skills, able to work independently, and operate across organizational levels
* Computer skills- Proficiency in Word, Power Point, Excel, Access, Project
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Technical or Business required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.