6 months ago
Thank you for your interest in the Operations Service Manager position based in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
Delta Air Lines is one of the world's leading international airlines. Our number one focus is to enhance all aspects of each customer's travel experience. Working at Delta you will be central to demonstrating that Delta understands the demands of air travel and is out to make the experience as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates are responsible for having any work permits or visas necessary to work in the Domincan Republic at the time of submitting an application. Delta will not be responsible for identifying the work documentation requirements or for advising the applicant on the steps required for obtaining such documentation.
The Operations Service Manager (OSM) directs and supports Airport Customer Service (ACS) personnel in all operational-related activities and in non-routine situations. Aside from '"on the job" training of all check-in/ticketing personnel and support for all problem solving and technical problems, the OSM monitors all contractors' activities, especially those closer to the aircraft. This position supports the Station Manager in all administrative duties which also includes budgeting, cost control, invoice processing and personnel-related paperwork.
Additional duties include:
* Completes and forwards statistics, reports, inventories, passenger complaints and insurance claims responses to Station Manager and appropriate departments.
* Keeps communication and coordination channels with Delta management, peers within and outside the station, staff, direct reports and contractors' supervisors in order to keep awareness of Delta and local airport procedures (with particular attention to safety/security matters).
* Maintains Delta customer service standards, keeps front line group (both Delta and contractors) up-to-date and, therefore, conscientious and motivated.
* Orders supplies and equipment and supports facilities/building maintenance (as mandated and in coordination with the station manager).
* Coordinates in the case of emergency situations in support of, or in the absence of the Station Manager.
* Supports the Station Manager with employee evaluations and employee development.
* In the absence of the Station Manager, the Supervisor performs all managerial tasks and functions.
* Develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.
* College degree or relevant work experience required.
* Must be fluent in English and Spanish.
* Must be in possession of valid documentation to live and work in the Dominican Republic.
* Airline experience required. AW and BW experience preferred.
* Applicant should have good analytical skills and deductive reasoning skills.
* Applicant should be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite of applications.
* Must possess proven ability to manage multiple projects or tasks and provide reliable, high-quality results under stressful situations in a fast-paced environment.
* Must be comfortable working with highly sensitive and confidential information and materials.
* Must be able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
* Must be comfortable communicating to all levels of people - both internal and external.
Qualified Candidates: When applying, please upload an English version of your resume.