3 months ago
Thank you for your interest in the Operations Service Manager position in Seoul, South Korea at Incheon International Airport - ICN.
Delta Air Lines is one of the world's leading international airlines. Our number one focus is to enhance all aspects of each customer's travel experience. Working at Delta you will be central to demonstrating that Delta understands the demands of air travel and is out to make the experience as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates are responsible for having any work permits or visas necessary to work in South Korea at the time of submitting an application. Delta will not be responsible for identifying the work documentation requirements or for advising the applicant on the steps required for obtaining such documentation.
Operations Service Manager directs, supports various business partner employees in all operations-related activities and in non-routine (Irregular Operations) situations for Delta Air Lines. Also provides oversight for on-the-job training of all check-in/ticketing personnel and support for all problem solving, including customer-related issues and technical problems.
* Monitors and support all employee activities, both ACS above and ACS below wing, (especially those closer to the aircraft) that include, but may not be limited to, safety, security and local/technical compliances.
* Performs daily flight observations around the aircraft during flight arrival and departure process which requires standing and long distance walk. Frequent travel from gate counter to jetway stairs during live flight activity.
* Climbing into the bin of aircraft to perform safety inspections.
* Responsible for the leadership and implementation of safety initiatives, on-time operational performance, customer service initiatives and programs, baggage services initiatives, IROP management and recovery plans along with other strategic initiatives.
* May also be responsible for maintaining relationships with the local government agencies and other contract services that support the successful execution of the operational performance.
* Additional job functions as assigned depending upon work load demand and operational needs.
* Supports the Station Manager in all administrative duties, including but not limited to budgeting, cost control, invoice processing, personnel-related paperwork, and other related airport functions.
* Measures performance, analyzes, completes and forwards statistics, reports, inventories, passenger complaints,and insurance claims response.
* Supports Delta's leadership values and keeps communication and coordination channels with Delta management, with peers within and outside the station, with staff, and with contractor leaders in order to keep awareness and compliance with Delta and local airport procedures and regulations with particular attention to safety and security matters.
* Responsible for maintaining Delta Customer Service standards, keep frontline group (both DL and contractors) up-to-date and therefore conscious and motivated.
* Responsibilities will include supplies ordering, equipment and facilities/building maintenance as mandated and in coordination with the STM.
* Also includes coordination of emergency situations in support of, or in Station Manager's absence.
* Should be capable to working under high stress environment.
* Continued training and development in building leadership capabilities is expected.
* Develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.
* Bachelor's degree (business, operations, etc.) or equivalent business experience highly preferred.
* Minimum of 2 years extensive leadership experience in the Airport Customer Service line operations or equivalent experience required.
* Thorough knowledge of aircraft operations (ramp operations, baggage handling, passenger service, IROP management and aircraft performance) highly desired.
* Must embrace continuous improvement.
* Should be highly motivated and very customer service oriented (both internal and external customers).
* Must have demonstrated skills and abilities to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization (frontline to executives) using a variety of tools ranging from Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. Should be a demonstrated self-starter who is action oriented and proven as capable to manage a complex day-to-day operation.
* Must step up to conflicts and be skilled at finding common ground in order to obtain cooperation from others.
* Must to able to anticipate roadblocks and plan appropriately to mitigate risks.
* Must possess excellent critical thinking and decision quality.
* Must be fluent in English and Korean.
* Must possess valid document to work and reside in the Republic of Korea.