3 months ago
Operations Systems Analyst
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, engineering design and systems certification, and automatic test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Operations Systems Analyst
Analyzes business objectives, as well as stakeholder requirements, develops solutions to fit business needs. Translates business needs into system requirements and leads development team through the design, build and implementation of new systems and processes. Coordinates with application development teams in the development of new system functionality. Leads the user acceptance testing and rollout of completed systems. Primary point of contact for ongoing resolution of issues generated by business users for assigned systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary interface between technology teams, support teams, and business units
- Coordinate cross-functional teams through meetings. Measure progress and provide feedback to all appropriate stakeholders
- Ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and to user specifications
- Through information gathering sessions, gain understanding of business requirements and translate them into specific software/hardware requirements
- Analyze and document the required data and system information needs
- Lead team in the development of solutions, work-flowcharts and diagrams, system capability analysis, development of alternative solutions, and final preparation of system requirement specifications
- Manage projects in order to smooth the transition from development staff to production staff
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Initiate reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information from the stakeholders and then funnel those requirements into the report writers and back to the stakeholders for validation
- May prepare stakeholders to use system by conducting training
- Maintain systems by researching and resolving problems; maintaining system integrity and security
- First point of contact for performance analysis, scalability, functional or administration issues
BS/BA or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. 5 years' experience in leading complex, multi-departmental projects. Strong technical skills, business intelligence, and the ability to quickly gain full understanding of the needs of the customer. Ability to effectively communicate with external clients and internal teams. Experience with Cost Point required.
Astronics Test Systems (Irvine)
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.