3 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM Don Mills, a L3 WESCAM company located in a suburb of Toronto, is a design and manufacturing company specializing in custom opto-mechanical lens assemblies and aspheric components.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools alongside of some of the best thought leaders in our industry in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule - in addition to regular vacation and public holidays), free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, and much more.
Learn more about the History of WESCAM...
* Actively participate in the mechanical design of complex optical lens assemblies, including fixed focal length and zoom lenses, from concept to production.
* Provide Opto-Mechanical Design expertise and act as an Opto-Mechanics Subject Matter Expert across the organization.
* Work closely with Optical Designers and Manufacturing to achieve the best possible mechanical designs considering all performance requirements, manufacturability & cost, for existing and new lenses.
* Actively support the manufacturing organization and suppliers to ensure proper knowledge transfer, timely resolution of design issues and effective test methodologies development.
* Collaborate closely with Product Managers and other team members from Wescam Burlington Operations to support estimates and ensure high quality of design solutions.
* Design, build and use precision mechanical engineering test fixtures using modern methods to measure the performance of opto-mechanical parts and assemblies.
* Generate design related documentation including BOMs, part and assembly drawings, engineering studies, test reports, etc.
* Participate in and present results at design review meetings related to modifications and new lens designs.
* Actively participate in the application, maintenance and improvement of the Engineering design practices, processes and standards.
* Keep up-to-date knowledge of the Precision Mechanics, Opto-Mechanical and Mechanical Engineering industries trends and new technologies that may be relevant to Wescam’s business.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager, Opto-Mechanical Design.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
* Knowledge of Mechanical Engineering, Fine Mechanics and Opto-Mechanical design principles
* Proficiency with Mechanical 3D CAD software, Solidworks preferred
* Proven ability to virtually prototype and analyze complex mechanical designs before they are built and tested
* Basic knowledge of lens optical design and optical principles
* Proficiency in a Mechanical Engineering lab environment
* Knowledge of Structural Analysis and Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
* Knowledge of electro-mechanical drive design principles
* Knowledge of machining, casting and sheet metal manufacturing techniques and processes
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply
CAN Security Clearance Required: None
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 Wescam