Oracle Applications System Engineer
A leader in aviation and aviation training products is looking for the best to journey with us into the future of navigation!
For more than 80 years, Jeppesen, a Boeing subsidiary, has made it possible for pilots and their passengers to safely and efficiently reach their destinations.
We are the world's leading provider of aeronautical data, and are combining our company's enduring spirit of innovation with a legacy of leadership in aviation to deliver 21st century navigation and optimization solutions.
At Jeppesen, we believe in a balance between personal growth and professional development. We hire the best to grow our company's future. Visit our website (www. Jeppesen.com) to learn more about Jeppesen's pioneering spirit, and to apply for our open positions.
- Identify and document business processes and requirements, including opportunities for process improvement in partnership with our business/service leaders
- Identify and document requirements for system design and implementation of applications, reports, modifications and interfaces
- Facilitate/lead meetings to obtain approval of test coverage and test scripts from the user groups
- Creates and executes test cases, test procedures and test scripts using automated testing tools
- Recommend solutions to processes using out of the box system functionality clearly outlining any gaps that may exist
- Facilitate/lead requirement definition sessions to capture functional requirements utilizing standard requirement definition processes (e.g., Use Cases modeling, data flow diagrams, etc)
- Collaborate with development and database resources to ensure all system design requirements reflect the defined business processes and fully support all components of the functional business requirements
- Act as the liaison between the development/functional teams and the user community in bridging any misunderstandings on required functionality
- Provide assistance in the creation training materials relevant to the supported processes through the use of Oracle’s UPK application
- Provide Tier 2 post implementation support
- Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in an IT- related field
- 3-5 years in implementing Oracle eBusiness Suite with experience in the financials domain space including strong project costing and billing implementation expertise
- Minimum 2 years experience with business process re-engineering and requirements gathering and documentation
- 1-2 years experience in test script creation and automation
- 2-3 years experience as a team member on highly complex technology based projects.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Possesses strong business acumen skills
- Computer knowledge/skills with the following: SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Workflow, Oracle eBusiness set-ups and configurations including personalizations
- Experience with data flow diagramming and use case modeling
- Thorough knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle Methodologies
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through detailed analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills across all levels of the organization
- Ability to influence others and drive results
- Prepare use cases and detailed requirements around new business processes
- Tools implementation and familiarity with Mercury testing suite very desirable
- Schedule team review meetings for the documentation they prepare
- Communicate with the Project Management team on status of deliverables
(No relocation assistance offered for this position).
Jeppesen offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options, including 401(k) with company match.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification.
Jeppesen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.