2 months ago
This position will hire, train and open the new Paint hangar as part of our expansion in Chattanooga, TN! This is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to develop a team responsible for expanding our capabilities and painting the first aircraft!
The newly hired Manager must start by May 30, 2018 and complete initial training for 3 months in our Grand Junction, CO paint hangar in preparation for opening the new paint hangar in TN. Travel and temporary living expenses will be covered via a daily per diem.
This position requires an advanced knowledge of aircraft paint processes and supervisory abilities. The job includes management of the Paint Shop processes, schedule, employees, control and evaluation of the shop operations, expenses, finances and ongoing development to meet the needs of the company. Solid supervisory skills and the ability to get along with other employees and customers alike is essential. Paint slot scheduling, work order review, processing and pricing to the sales team and customers are part of the daily routine. Job duties will vary each day and may encompass special projects as designated by the General Manager. This position works as part of the WSA management team and independently to exercise discretion and independent judgment in coordination of customer and company projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Oversee the Paint process, schedule, employees, control and evaluation of the shop operations, profit and loss along with equipment, tooling and training needs to run a successful Paint shop.
* Work with Paint Technicians to ensure aircraft project flow and work processes meet expectations. Quality of work, safety and aircraft schedule are essential.
* Work directly with sales, customers, project management, quoting and other program managers.
* Supervise Paint Technicians in daily work tasks, such as job assignments, work order processing, FAA paperwork and shop processes.
* Continue to expand the capabilities of the Paint Shop to meet the needs of the company.
* Maintain operations per current EPA, OSHA and NESHAP Regulations.
* Any other job-related duties as assigned by management.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* At least 4 years recent experience as an Aviation Paint lead, supervisor or manager over the Paint Shop
* Bachelors degree is helpful, but not required
* FAA Repairman Certificate or Aircraft and Powerplant Rating is helpful, but not required
* 5-10 years prior experience painting aircraft in progressive positions
* 5 - 10 years prior experience supervising twelve or more employees (to include hiring, coaching for improvement and on the job training).
* 5 - 10 years knowledge of FAA regulations, Corridor, Paint scheduling, pricing and project manager / customer relations experience.
* Self-motivated, able to work at a rapid yet professional pace.
* Ability to get along with other employees and management alike.
* Ability to lead and motivate employees to stay on task and deliver a quality product.
* Ability to interact directly with customers, including resolution of conflict.
* Ability to develop employees and solve work / personal problems.
* Perform all work in accordance with FAA, OSHA, EPA and any other applicable regulations.
* Ensure all employees adhere to all work rules and federal / state regulations.
* Maintain positive customer relations and customer service.
* Direct the work flow of multiple projects cohesively.
* Supervise employees in daily operations and duties.
* Completion of work orders, FAA paperwork and billing items.
* Able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds.
* Routine walking, bending, squatting or sitting.
* Routine or repetitive physical motion with arms and hands.
* Basic personal computer operations to include routine access of using a computer and reading electronic and paper documents.
* Understanding and implementation of regulations and guidelines, including but not limited to FAA, EPA, OSHA, haz mat, etc.
* Ability to evaluate and resolve employee relations matters cohesively.
* Ability to work well with others in a professional manner to include customers and employees.
* Ability to coordinate projects.
* Extensive team management skills.
* Extensive customer service skills.
* The majority of work will be accomplished in an office / hangar environment.
* Various positions in and around the aircraft or paint hangar.