This hourly, non-exempt, position requires knowledge of the paint process. The job includes varying amounts of general mechanical applications as listed below. Job duties will vary each day and are designated by the Director of Maintenance.
- Make sure masking is complete.
- Sand primer if necessary.
- Blow aircraft and clean with thinner.
- Wash paint booth.
- Apply top coat (three coats).
- Layout stripe scheme and mask for trim colors.
- Prep and scuff paint for trim paint.
- Re-mask aircraft and detail aircraft.
- Inspect complete paint job.
- Paint mixing.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Education High school diploma or equivalent.
Vo-tech school in paint or on-the-job experience required.
Experience 3 - 5 years aircraft paint experience including aircraft repair experience.
Initiative Self-motivated, able to work unsupervised and maintain a rapid pace.
Able to lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
Routine walking, bending and squatting or sitting.
Work standing on ladder or scaffold.
Pass pulmonary physical prior to employment.
Pass respiratory fit test, as you must wear protective gear.
The majority of work will be accomplished in a heated hangar or shop area.
Work in aircraft on ramp may occur.
Varied positions in and around the aircraft.
Air equipment, polisher and sander.
Stripper pump, electrostatic paint guns, pressure posts, and laser level.
Tugs, power carts and other engine powered equipment.