3 months ago
Director of Maintenance Reports to: President Department: Maintenance
Division: Everts Air Cargo Station: FAI
Job Summary: The Director of Maintenance is responsible for the constant airworthiness of aircraft, engines, and related
components, operated by Everts Air Cargo under FAR Part 121. This position coordinates daily with flight
operations and cargo services regarding aircraft availability, flight scheduling and maintenance projections.
Essential Functions: 1. Responsible for directing the priorities and activities of aircraft maintenance, maintenance control,
maintenance planning, and maintenance training. This includes all maintenance performed at Everts primary
maintenance facilities, satellite bases as well as on-call maintenance facilities. Ensure all personnel are
trained in accordance with Everts approved maintenance training program.
2. Ensure that the department and staff are able to provide the manpower, facilities, equipment, and tooling
necessary to meet operational goals and that this effort represents efficient utilization of the allocated
workforce in meeting on-going required maintenance.
3. Direct members of the staff to ensure that they carry out all maintenance activities safely, on time and within
4. Ensure effective communication and smooth business operations flow between all levels of assigned
personnel as well as between maintenance and inspections, flight operations, cargo and accounting.
5. Establish and ensure compliance with standard procedures for the purchase, overhaul, inspection and repair
of aircraft, engines and components. Audit practices to ensure they work effectively.
6. Establish department work standards, work hours and shifts.
7. Work with accounting to establish budget requirements for both current operation and capital expenditures.
8. Work with the President to accomplish proactive equipment purchase and repair planning.
9. Act as a liaison on all aircraft maintenance concerns and planning between Everts Air and the FAA, and
ensure compliance with FARs, Operational Specifications and EAC General Maintenance Manual.
10. Review and respond to Maintenance delays and system problems. Develop and implement changes to
11. Maintain assigned portions of company manual system to include reviewing manual revisions for accuracy
and relevance, performing mid-quarter review of collected data, review manuals with leads and supervisors to
constantly improve manuals.
12. Monitor progress of aircraft in repair or heavy check. Communicate projections as necessary to affected
13. Coordinate with other department to plan and schedule aircraft maintenance.
14. Maintain close oversight over the Parts Department to ensure effective and economic use of resources,
staffing and accountability. Ensure all procurement and staging staff are well informed and working in sync.
15. Manage and coordinate special projects as mandated by FAR’s and assigned by the President.
16. Perform other duties as the situation dictates.
Additional Responsibilities: Safety
1. Comply with all safety aspects of your position and work closely with Quality Control to coordinate and
accomplish department goals.
2. Be familiar with the Company’s Safety Management System (SMS) and Occupational Safety Manual (OSM).
3. Follow all Company practices and procedures.
4. Contribute to the Safety Culture of the Company.
5. Keep your work areas clean and free of hazards; correct unsafe conditions when encountered and report
those that you can’t personally correct to a supervisor.
1. Maintain employee vigilance and report all security concerns.
2. Be observant of anybody acting suspiciously and ensure that personnel/visitors are conforming to airport
Revised 05/23/2013 Page 1 of 2
1. Four year college degree in a technical field, or equivalent work experience, or any combination of education and
experience that enables one to perform the job functions and responsibilities.
2. Hold a mechanic certificate with airframe and powerplant ratings and ability to meet the requirements of 14 CFR
119.65(a)(4), 121.369(a) and qualified in accordance with 14CFR Part 119.67(c).
3. Minimum of 1 year of experience in a supervisory capacity under FAR 119-20 ( c )(4)(ii) and 3 years experience
within the past 6 years in one or a combination of (i) and (ii) above.
4. Extensive knowledge of FAA certification requirements, manual development, operations specifications, FAA
procedures, Aircraft flight manuals and Company flight manuals related to technical data appropriate to company
5. Skilled communicator with demonstrated team building skills
6. Must be flexible and able to adapt to change and lead employees through periods of growth and change
7. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent listening and conflict resolution skills.
8. Ability to work extra hours when necessary. Some travel may be required. Must be insurable under company
9. Prefer a minimum of 5 years of leadership experience.
License(s): 1. Valid Driver’s license and Passport
2. Airframe and Powerplant License
Physical Abilities: The Physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position must perform in
carrying out essential job functions.
1. Ability to reach horizontally and vertically with arms. Sufficient dexterity to manipulate small objects and print
or write legibly.
2. Requires the ability to be sedentary for extended periods of time.
3. Shall perceive the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the
manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials and
objects are important aspects of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He
or She will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her
Employee Signature Date
Employee Printed Name Revised 05/23/2013 Page 2 of 2
4 months ago
only 25 days until close