5 months ago
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Lead, train and check work of Parts Finishers who use hand tools, shop aids, mechanical and power equipment to form and straighten the contour, angularity and flatness of detail parts. They also form long, heavy complex detail parts and extrusions to close tolerances, using forming blocks, checking fixtures and tools, per drawing, and specifications.
Job Responsibilities include:
* Employment in this position also requires standing, bending and twisting at the waist, walking, lifting and carrying less than 10 pounds, flexion/extension, handling, pushing/pulling less than 10 pounds, rotation of head/neck, contact with metals, exposure to noise and atmospheric conditions, and the use of personal safety gear for face/eye, hand/arm, ears and feet.
* Analyze area production requirements and assign work based on Enterprise Resource Planner (ERP) list, priority, schedule and shop constraints.
* Review and check work order (W/O) for material type, tool, quantity of parts and sequence of operations. Initiate planning changes as required.
* Provide On-The-Job Training (OJT) in tool use and part straightening techniques and processes to others, as required.
* Determine sequence of and coordinate Part Finishing work.
* Troubleshoot forming problems (e.g., part twisted, bowed, out of contour) and coordinate with forming machine operators to resolve production issues, as required.
* Move parts and or tools within the work area using appropriate material handling equipment (e.g., overhead crane, electric stacker, pallet jack), as required.
* Perform/assist in tool configuration set up (e.g., locate header, tool pin) place parts into tool to check contour, angularity and flatness.
* Form contours and angles on heavy extrusions (e.g., Wing chords, T chords, Crown frames) with a hydraulic press per tool and drawing specifications.
* Perform/assist in working contour, angularity and flatness of long heavy complex parts to drawing/tool requirements using hand/ machine tools (e.g., stretcher/shrink machines, arbor press, power roller, shop aid blocks, hammers, twisters).
* Check part contour, angularity and flatness in and out of tool, using precision measurement tools (e.g., calipers, protractor, feeler gauge), shop aids (e.g. straight edge tool, go - no go gauge, sand bags) and re-straighten, as required.
* Perform/assist in removing surface blemishes (e.g., scratches, gouges, nicks, dents) using shop aid blocks, hammers, sandpaper, scotchbrite, as required.
* Clean parts, equipment and tools using solvents as required.
* Wipe dry.
* Check work of others after completion of each operation in job and/or completed job (e.g., first part check), as required.
* Ensure part is complete per drawing, that there are no visible defects.
* Identify parts, attach appropriate quantity of metal and/or paper part number tags or use dot peen to mark parts.
* Create tags, as required.
* Handle and dispose of hazardous materials in a safe appropriate manner and location.
* Communicate and work with internal/external organizations (e.g., planning, engineering, inspection, supervision) and other shifts to accomplish work and to solve problems.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will be considered as this job is not installed in QTTP. This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement. High school graduate or GED preferred.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15? "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
* Experience using a computer such as internet navigation, email, Microsoft office and/or other specialized computer applications.
* Experience reading and interpreting assembly instructions or drawings.
* Experience in setting and using precision measuring tools and equipment such as micrometers, calipers, and/or dial indicators.
* Training from a CORE PLUS program within manufacturing.
* Training from a Community and Technical College program within manufacturing.
Contingent Upon Program Award