3 months ago
SUMMARY: As an Airport Passenger Service Agent you will support airlines by performing airline ticketing counter and gate service functions for airline customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for an Airport Passenger Service Agent - include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Ensures a safe work environment by following all ATS rules and regulations regarding the work place.
• Checks passengers in at ticket counter and gate and hands out boarding passes for outgoing flights.
• Checks passenger baggage and places bag tags on them at the ticket counter for appropriate destination.
• Coordinates ticket counter activities with those on the ramp regarding baggage handling to assure that all bags get on the outgoing flight.
• Handles customer complaints regarding ticketing and baggage handling when problems arise. (i.e. lost baggage, lost/misplaced tickets, canceled flights or delayed flights).
• Makes announcements regarding flight activity at gate or over airport’s general PA system.
• Answers customers’ inquiries regarding flight schedules, fares, space availability for a particular flight and other questions that may arise.
• Maintains the level of service expectations of both the passenger and the airline customer at all times.
• Communicates with flight crew on ground and via ground to air radio.
• Coordinates with other airport vendors regarding specific flight information (i.e. fueling, catering, etc.)
• Is responsible for all flight movement messages in and out.
Minimum Requirements for an Airport Passenger Service Agent:
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must possess at least a High school diploma, GED or work experience equivalent.
• Must be able to pass a drug test/ background check and be able to obtain airport security clearance.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and provide a Motor Vehicle Record/ MVR. (Varies by Airport.)
Physical Requirements for an Airport Passenger Service Agent:
• Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds.
• Must be able to stand, lift, bend, push and pull for an extended time.
• Must be willing to work in all types of elevated noise levels within the airport environment.
Background Qualifications for an Airport Passenger Service Agent:
• Must be willing to work various shifts, weekends, or irregular shifts.
• Computer skills required.
Location/Specific Working Hours for an Airport Passenger Service Agent:
• Specific shifts to be determined
• Must be able to work extended hours on short notice during non-routine operations
• Some travel required
ATS employees should apply through UltiPro
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer