25 days ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating® and also rated as Best Regional Airline in North America by Skytrax.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, North Bay, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston, Washington (Dulles) and Pittsburgh, and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Stephenville, N.L., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla
FUNCTION: Reporting to the Payroll Specialist, the Payroll Administrator will support the day to day activities of the payroll department. This role is responsible for contributing to the culture of a service driven department, ensuring that payroll processes and procedures are efficient and conducted in accordance with relevant policies, laws and regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Accurately prepare and process payroll on a bi-weekly basis, while ensuring compliance with North American legislation and employment standards
* Calculate and process pay adjustments, salary changes and other payroll related payments
* Input and process payroll information, including new hires, status changes, terminations, timesheets, banking information etc. in an accurate and timely manner
* Maintain soft copy payroll files and ensure that file information is complete and up to date, including tax forms, employee forms, attendance reports, payroll register etc.
* Prepare Records of Employment (ROE’s) and respond to government-related inquiries
* Assists with quarterly and year-end audits, including file reconciliation, adjustments and tax slip distribution
* Assist in report writing and other special projects, including audits
* Maintain payroll inbox inquiries and respond to internal and external inquiries in a prompt and professional manner
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* Post-secondary degree/diploma or equivalent work experience
* 1- 2 years of work experience in payroll processing
* Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation
* Avanti Software experience an asset
* Attention to detail
* Proven self-starter with time management skills and the ability to multi-task in a high volume environment with shifting priorities
* Able to work autonomously while possessing strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to maintain a high degree of discretion, diplomacy and confidentiality
* Strong computer skills, and strong expertise using Microsoft Office products and other related software programs
* Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport – YTZ
* Post Date July 28, 2017
* Reference ID 41-01-62