6 months ago
The Payroll Supervisor administers and coordinates the daily payroll operations within the U.S for approximately 6,000 employees in 38 states. This position will be involved in the management of all aspects of the payroll process and is a key player in high-level projects such as, acquisitions, pay group integration, and process improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Supervises functional processes to ensure transactional accuracy/timeliness, monitoring of effective audit controls improvements to the payroll process.
* Develops, recommends, and implements procedural changes for the Payroll Department.
* Train, coach and mentor up to four or more payroll specialist in all aspects of payroll processing (balancing, auditing, off-cycle checks & customer service).
* Report on Key Performance metrics in order to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of process area.
* Oversee and document on-going training requirements for each Payroll Specialist by Company.
* Reconcile garnishment deductions to garnishment payments on a weekly basis.
* Prepare weekly Payroll Cash requirements for the Treasury department.
* Manage all banking activities including ACH returns, Positive pay, and other direct deposit issues.
* Hold monthly one-on-ones with team members
* Promote a positive workplace environment focusing on both production and talent retention
* Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management.
* 3-5 years managing payroll teams within a multi-state environment.
* Advanced Excel skills which include utilizing Pivot Tables and V-Look-Ups.
* Highly analytical mindset with strong ability to identify, troubleshoot and resolve system issues.
* Organized, possesses strong time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet established deadlines.
* Associates degree or higher (or experience equivalent)