2 months ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Open Date: 09/11/2017
Posting Close Date: 09/21/2017 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
The People Relations Coordinator (PRC) has regional responsibilities to support the Airports group by providing best practices across all functions in Human Resources. The Coordinator plays an integral role in assisting the People Relations Advisors (PRA) and the People Relations Manager (PRM), Airports, to ensure consistent practices across all functions in Human Resources are being followed and assisting all levels of leadership to maximize the effectiveness of WestJet's most valued asset, our people.
* Provide a strong knowledge of company policies, benefits, performance management and recruitment functions
* Provide consistent support and documentation to the PRA’s and PRM’s and Airports leadership team, for any investigative interviews or performance management conversations/documents, WCB, and approved leaves
* When required, provide employee history and trending reporting
* Administrative duties such as all letters (performance related, new hire letters, etc), People Forms – any movement in employee position, employment status, cross train rates of pay, modified rates of pay, or any type of leave of absence and return to work requires a people form which is completed consistently without error
* Work closely with Ability Management team to assist with returning WestJetter’s back to work as seamlessly as possible
* When required, assist with the recruitment for internal client group frontline and support positions (GSA, CSA, BSA)
* When required, work closely with learning and development for proper class forecasting requirements, and assist with proper onboarding for employees when required
* When required, creates and coordinates internal and external recruiting events
* When required, attends all external recruiting events, facilitating portions of the event, conducting interviews, observing behaviors and determining successful candidates as required
* When required, support and manage transfers (ex. CSA from YVR to CSA in YYC) which involves the above and includes managing shadow visits to airports, gathering references and facilitate offers, declines and feedback
* Human Resources certificate, diploma or degree or equivalent years of experience in a people leadership role
* CPHR or CHRP designation considered an asset
* Knowledge of WestJet People promises, guidelines and practices required
* Experience with performance & ability management
* 3 - 5 years’ experience in airline operations is an asset
* Proven ability to plan, develop and lead meetings
* Proven ability to provide high level of customer service to internal guests
* Intermediate knowledge of all Microsoft applications
* Able to deal with stressful situations and perform steadily under pressure
* Positive role model, outwardly demonstrates WestJet values
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.