12 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Its expertise encompasses the entire life cycle of its products, from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul. Safran Landing Systems is a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of civil, regional, business and military transport. Safran Landing Systems provides support for 27,000 aircraft making over 54,000 landings every day. Safran Landing Systems has a staff of more than 7,200 in Europe, North America and Asia.
Main domain/Job field
Research, design and development - Mechanical engineering
Performance Engineer / Analyst (Contract)
12 - 18 months
Fixed Term contract
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Part time / Full time
Performance Engineer/Analyst is responsible for the Performance aspects of the Landing Gear and Landing Gear System of both development and legacy programs.
• Develop landing gear systems RTI (real-time integration) models and perform real-time HIL (Hardware-in-Loop) testing on LGSTR to support G7000/8000 landing gear development.
• Develop and keep new technologies within Safran LS for the future programs to come such as Airbus and Boeing etc.
• Simulation of integrated landing gear retraction/extension system and landing gear steering system.
• Simulations of landing impact, landing gear recoil performance, and ground maneuvering loads.
• Perform landing gear shimmy and stability analysis.
• Development, validation and verification of simulation models.
• Create certification documentation and establish qualification test requirements.
• Liaison with internal and external customers and supplier engineers.
• Review external partner's/supplier's performance reports for compliance to airworthiness specifications and customer requirements.
Candidate skills & requirements
• Bachelor or Master (preferred) degree in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering
• Proficient with dynamic modeling / control theory/ simulation tools, FORTRAN language and computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
• Extensive experience on MATLAB/Simulink
• Experience with ADAMS, AMESIM, EASY5 or MathCAD is not mandatory but a definite asset
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Actively be involved in any Health, Safety and Environment initiatives as HS&E is every employee's responsibilities.
The above statements reflect the general items considered necessary to describe principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Other duties may be assigned as per management instruction.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
Minimum age of 18 years.
Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), must be approved as mandated by Public Works & Government Services Canada and applicable contractual obligations.
Safran Landing Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If there are any accommodations required during your visit please make us aware.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be notified.
All notifications will be via e-mail, therefore, please ensure address is included, thank-you.
North America, Canada, Ontario, Toronto
Ajax, Great Toronto Area
Minimum education level achieved
Minimum experience level required
More than 3 years
Additional Languages preferred