9 months ago
The Personnel Security (PERSEC) Specialist will provide support to personnel with any personnel security requirement within Special Access Program Facilities (SAPF) in accordance with the NISPOM and DOD 5205.07, Volume 2.
The Personnel Security Specialist will perform the following:
• Administer and update information on the Clients Security Databases
• Track and maintain all PERSEC information to include clearance status, SAP access, security training records, personnel information files (PIFs) and visit certification (VAR)
• Process incoming Program Access Request (PAR) and associated documentation through the JSFPO Processing to include following the processing requirement found in JADE SOP
• Manage program quota roster
• Maintain tracking numbers for month reporting by the Program Manager
• Other duties as assigned
Education/Experience: A minimum of six (6) years of relevant, specialized security experience required. Prior experience working in a Specialist Access Program (SAP) and prior experience with Program Access Request (PAR) is required. JAFAN experience is desired. The position will allow various combinations of education and experience using a 1 year of education for 1 year of experience substitution.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The selected candidate must have thorough knowledge of multiple DoD and services security references, regulations, and instructions pertaining to personnel security, especially the NISPOM and DOD5202.07 Vol 2. The position requires an individual with an active DoD Top Secret (TS) security clearance, obtained within the last five years.
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.