8 months ago
Piccolo Subject Matter Expert
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 53067BR Date posted 08/29/City Hood River
Cloud Cap Technology’s Piccolo autopilots provide a complete integrated avionics solution that includes the flight control processor, inertial sensors, ported air data sensors, GPS receiver and datalink radio. With almost 20 years in the field the Piccolo Autopilot has become the UAS industry standard flight management system. The Piccolo adds functionality and flexibility for advanced UAS applications. Proven in the harshest environments our Autopilots and payloads have flown hundreds of thousands of hours of unmanned in theater military operations, public safety missions and commercial surveillance projects.
The Piccolo Subject Matter Expert position is responsible for providing Technical Support for multiple Piccolo product lines to external customers and to tightly integrated cross-functional product teams internally.
1. Support customers in overall usage of Cloud Caps Piccolo and TASE products including but not limited to general technical support, RMA generation, demo and trade show preparation, field repairs, integrations, Air vehicle modelling, Gains Tuning, flight tests, and pre-deployment ramp for government contracts.
2. Provide resolution of technical problems with Cloud Cap products to both internal and external customers
3. Represent Cloud Cap technically at customers or potential customers. Provide instruction and conduct demonstrations.
4. Coordinate the resolution of product problems and respond to customer inquiries for assigned program(s) in a timely manner.
5. Prepare and conduct product operational and maintenance training.
6. Provide Manufacturing, Design Engineering, NBD and Service Center support on technical issues.
7. Perform these and any other activities which may be assigned or which may occur in the normal course of work.
Experience and Qualifications:
2-4 years with Piccolo or other comparable autopilot systems; “Piccolo preferred”
* Microsoft Office Suite
* Use basic hand tools and test equipment efficiently
* Work long hours outdoors and/or in a Lab environment
* Work in extreme climates hot and cold
* Lift 40Lbs
* Piccolo Command Center experience
* View Point knowledge
* AVL Editor
* Excellent oral and written English communication skills
* Strong problem-solving abilities
* Self-starter with ability to work independently, as a team member, or leader.
Travel International and domestic: 30-70%
Ability to obtain a clearance. Must be a US Citizen.
Education: BA/BS preferred; can substitute applicable work.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.