7 months ago
Candidate will act as aircrew training subject matter expert supporting analysis of a Government multi-aircraft flight training program encompassing multiple Fixed and Rotary Wing TMS aircraft.
Successful applicant shall assist program management in the review/validation of aircrew training requirements sought by the Government for compliance with current US and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) training guidelines for FAA Pt. 141, 142, 135 and 61 flight training organizations. The candidate will act as a subject matter expert (SME) providing insight and guidance in identifying effective teaming opportunities with existing/new vendor providers in order to successfully execute aircrew training across 44 TMS aircraft.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Assists as a SME in the analysis of aircrew training curriculum as required
- Identify program issues and provide leadership in developing solutions such as re-allocation of resources or modifying contract specification
- Interact with internal and external representatives at various levels within the company and customer organization concerning resolution of technical and scheduling issues
- Influence, and coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements, cost estimates, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract(s). Influence contract acquisitions, negotiations and modifications
- Act as the contact for program execution activities and lead program review sessions with customers to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance
- Possess firm understanding of Airworthiness documentation, Instructor qualification requirements with experience in reviewing Company Ground and Flight Ops manuals, FAA Maintenance procedures, maintenance documentation and inspection results as well as verification of applicable insurance requirements
- Act as a SME to review existing aircrew training lessons and/or changes to existing lessons
- Provide recommendations to improve and update training policies and procedures
- Evaluate instructor personnel and training devices in classroom settings, if required
- Conduct market research, analysis and vendor capability reports
- Coordination with FAA organizations and the user community
- Provide analysis of existing testing methods and recommend changes to improve training baseline and proficiency of training objectives
- Attend required scheduled meetings and participate as an Aircrew expert in a multitude of professional environments
Education/Experience/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of fifteen (15) years overall experience is required. A minimum of ten (10) years of total flying experience, five (5) years of which is military, with at least 2500 total flight hours is required.
The following are also required:
- FAA Certificates required: Commercial Pilot, Certified Flight Instructor
- Extensive experience in FAA Pt. 141, 142, 135, and 61 facility capabilities and requirements required
- Currency and Proficiency in operation of essential Aircrew Training Devices as required
- Must be able to obtain 2nd Class FAA Medical clearance
- Strong facilitation, and data analysis skills required
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office, to included Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as Adobe required
- Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with all team members
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Personnel Security Clearance
- Ten (10) or more years of progressively complex program administration experience with at least five of those years managing aviation projects required
- Domestic and international Travel Percentage Required** 0% - 25%
Recent aircrew instructional experience with international students is highly desired. Detailed knowledge of USAF and FAA training methodology, Standardization and Evaluation is highly desired. FAA Type Ratings in: Airline Transport Pilot, Multi-engine Land desired. Syllabus and/or courseware development experience are desired. Program management of USAF aircrew training programs is highly desired.
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.