3 months ago
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
Boeing Fleet may be based in: ANC/LAX/PDX/SEA.
Airbus Fleet may be based in: LAX/JFK/SFO
The First Officer is responsible for ensuring a safe journey on our Boeing or Airbus fleet and a positive experience for all of our guests while continually maintaining a high-level of professionalism.
Scope & Complexity
This role will safely operate Boeing or Airbus aircraft in accordance with all Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) and company policies and procedures.
- Performs as Second in Command in the transport of passengers, mail, freight, or for other commercial purposes.
- Responsible for all aspects and conduct of flight, to include preflight of required paperwork and restrictions, conduct of safe flight, and all post flight duties.
- Complies with Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), Company Flight Procedures, and Company Policies on scheduled flights and routes to ensure safety of flight.
- Conducts business in a professional manner and demeanor at all times.
- Operates Boeing or Airbus Company aircraft, adhering to established Qualification Standards and all Flight Manual operating procedures and policies.
- Communicates with all required agencies and personnel while adhering to Company Communication Practices.
- Uses knowledge commensurate with holder of airline transport pilot certificate and knowledge of all aspects of applicable FARs and AIM.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- A minimum of 2,000 hours of total flight time in a fixed wing aircraft or 1,200 hours of total flight time in a high performance military aircraft.
- 50% of rotor-wing flight time up to 1,000 hours may be counted toward total flight time
- Minimum of 50 hours of flight time within the last 12 months.
- Correctable vison in both eyes to 20/20.
- A current First Class FAA medical certificate.
- An FAA Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License.
- Must possess a valid passport.
- Excellent judgment, leadership skills, demonstrated command ability, and maturity.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and Internet email functions.
- Must be comfortable with a domicile in Seattle, WA; Los Angeles, CA; Anchorage, AK; Portland, OR; San Francisco, CA; or New York, NY (JFK).
- Minimum age of 23 years of age.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Boeing or Airbus aircraft experience.
- 1,000 hours of multi-engine turbine Pilot-in-Command (PIC).
- Four-year degree from an accredited university.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
Must be comfortable accepting a domicile in Anchorage, AK; Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY; Portland, OR; San Francisco, CA; or Seattle, WA.
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: November 23, 2017
A few helpful tips when applying:
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines/Virgin America and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines/Virgin America y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.