6 months ago
Job ID #: 10299
Location: US - North Carolina - Pineville
Functional Area: Operations
Division: PIP - Process & Analytical Instruments
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: High School Diploma
Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 0
Weld efficiently carbon and stainless steel metals (but could include other alloys) in thickness ranging from .030 and up. The welding process is usually GTAW but can include GMAW, FCAW and SMAW processes as well.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Obtains specified electrode and inserts electrode into portable holder or threads consumable electrode wire through portable welding gun.
• Use of GTAW weld procedures performed in an efficient manner
• Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse, as specified per weld procedure
• Starts power supply to produce electric current.
• Strikes (forms) arc which generates heat to melt and deposit metal from electrode to workpiece and join edges of workpiece.
• Manually guides electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, based on color of metal, sound of weld, and size of molten puddle.
• Tacks assemblies together.
• Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions.
• Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
• Applies filler rod manually to supply weld metal.
• Cleans or degreases weld joint or workpiece.
• Repairs broken or cracked parts and fills holes.
• Prepares broken parts for welding by grooving or scarfing surfaces.
• Grinds pipe and pipe fittings to create bevel, remove outer protective surfaces and otherwise prepare material to be joined together.
• Chips off excess weld, slag, and spatter.
• Preheats workpiece with hand torch or heating furnace.
• Positions and clamps workpieces together or assembles them in jig or fixture.
• Maintain clean work environment
Education: High School diploma or GED preferred
Experience: One year previous experience preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Other Skills and Abilities
Must pass written and practical application as required. Must pass a 2" schedule 80 C/S pipe welding test in a 6G position using the (TIG) GTAW process per ASME B31.3. Must be trained on use of overhead crane to move heavy/large pieces of material.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Ability and knowledge to operate a wide range of hand tools. The employee is occasionally required to walk and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to hot and cold humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
9 months ago
only 2 days until close
4 months ago
only 17 days until close
6 days ago
only 22 days until close
16 days ago
only 27 days until close