9 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope
The planner schedules and releases work orders to operations. The planner follows up with shop floor leadership as needed to ensure that delivery dates are met. In order to release work orders, the planner must release purchase orders to suppliers following the guidelines set by
supply management. Similarly, the planner will request delivery from suppliers to meet the customer due date. If the internal or external customer delivery date is at risk, the planner will notify those affected and work with operations leadership, supply management, and / or engineer to resolve the situation. Planners will work together across product lines and component processes to resolve conflicts and constraints. Assist operations team to ensure accurate inventory including a leadership role in the physical inventory or cycle count process. The planner will participate in continuous improvement activities to reduce lead time, improve material flow, and improve cost. The planner will analyze data and make recommendations for safety stock levels, minimum order quantities, maximum order quantities, etc.
* Reviews ERP system messages and takes action as appropriate.
* Aligns work orders with the production schedule.
* Participates in the schedule attainment process.
* Performs capacity evaluations and leveling within guidelines set by the manager.
* Supports operations team as an expert on inventory transactions.
* Acts as a leader when supporting the physical inventory process.
* Supports lean initiatives through development of the kanban process, visual shop floor controls, and lean manufacturing principles.
* Participates in the quoting process by offering projected lead times for make to order products and ensuring adherence to lead times for make to stock items. Works with operations leadership to resolve conflicts.
* Interpersonal Skills that support a team/collaborative environment
* Effective Communication Skills when dealing with team members on the shop floor, team members who communicate with the customer, and direct contact with suppliers.
* Computer application / program skills (Microsoft Office, DMACS, SAP)
* Project Management Skills
* Time Management Skills Analytical Skills
* Ability to be decisive and quickly adjust to changing priorities.
* Minimum: Associate in Supply Chain, Marketing, Business, Engineering or Manufacturing
* Preferred: Bachelor in Supply Chain, Marketing, Business, Engineering, or Manufacturing
* Preferred: APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.