7 months ago
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
1 Full-Time, Permanent Position; Poster #2017-51
REPORTS TO: Superintendent, Planning & Admin
BAND: 7A (Included in the General Bargaining Unit)
SALARY: $44.72 - $46.18 per hour (37.5 hours per week)
POSTING DATE: August 31, 2017 (Internal)
CLOSING DATE: September 10, 2017 @ 5:00 p.m., or until a suitable candidate is found (External)
Reporting to the Superintendent, Planning & Admin, the Planner is accountable for the coordination and planning of activities related to engineered asset maintenance with attention to short to medium term planning initiatives. This position supports operations and maintenance in the development of engineered asset information, reactive, corrective, planned, preventative and predictive maintenance procedures and inspections.
POSITION SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Proactively apply a planned maintenance methodology, and ensure all planned maintenance work is appropriately allocated and aligned to specific maintenance teams, in support of achieving an 80% planned and 20% reactive maintenance activity ratio.
• Support in achieving equipment reliability and availability through effective coordination and planning of maintenance activities.
• Ensure continuous improvement and adjustments of the planning process and plans through monitoring of key performance indicators, analysis of work order flow, and project demands and expectations to achieve the expected results.
• Evaluate all work orders to determine required materials, equipment, and skilled labor necessary to complete the work, and ensure execution plans meet all necessary criteria (safety, quality, cost, and efficiency).
• Manage maintenance data collection (asset information, job plans, spare parts, warranty, life cycle and attributes) to more effectively provide the planned maintenance service, and to ensure accurate analysis of data for continuous improvements.
• Journeyman Trades Certification (Electrical or Mechanical preferred), ability to demonstrate high degree of knowledge and competency in technical abilities
• Post-secondary certification in an engineering technologist program considered an asset
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a planner role
• Proficient user of enterprise asset management software (DAXeam, SAP, or Maximo)
• Extensive operational and maintenance background
• Knowledge of asset maintenance development, including critical equipment audits, job plans, spare parts lists, equipment lists, developing procedures
• Maintenance planning and scheduling certification or training
• Asset maintenance management certification or training
• Must secure and maintain appropriate airport security clearance and acceptable criminal records check
Applicants from this competition may be utilized to fill future vacancies of a similar nature