11 months ago
Plans, directs, controls, and/or coordinates personally and/or through first-line management, all aspects of the SNG Plant to ensure a reliable source of synthetic natural gas to supply the needs of the Island of Oahu that is cost effective and consistent with quality requirements. Responsible for meeting all company-defined compliance requirements impacting this activity. Subject to 24-hour call-out.
1. Responsible for the implementation, operational coordination, management of all agreements, and overall relationship management relating to the plant such as feedstock, services and supply arrangements with third party suppliers/vendors.
2. Communicates goals, objectives, accountabilities, priorities, and authority parameters to assigned staff.
3. Manages payroll and/or non-payroll budgets, monitors expenditures and ensures compliance with budget.
4. Keeps abreast of all federal, state and local regulations, laws and the organization’s policies and procedures. Ensures that the staff are trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to compliance policies and procedures specific to their jobs.
5. Responsible for the overall efficiency and effectiveness of plant operations and monitors potential need for enhancement to existing plant as necessary.
6. Oversees and is accountable for the performance of SNG plant activities relating to:
a. Supply activities, including upper-level coordination of feedstock and supplies for plant operation.
b. Production of gas, including the coordination of production schedules based on sales requirements and plant capacity.
c. Quality assurance of end products.
d. Compliance with all regulatory programs such as RMP, PSM, OSHA, etc.
e. Maintenance of facilities and equipment, including the security and protection of Company assets and property, and coordination of insurance inspection activities.
f. Warehouse operations and asset management.
7. Manages and is accountable for special and/or large projects assigned to this activity to include scheduled and emergency turnarounds. Develops, coordinates and implements Emergency Response processes; responds to emergencies at any time.
8. Defines and recommends operating objectives and staffing level, and develops, recommends and implements short and long range plans to ensure adequate supply of SNG, integration of renewable fuels and feeds to the SNG Plant, and to comply with all federal/state/local codes and regulations and Company policies, procedures, and standards.
9. Responsible for effective personnel management including supervisor and employee training and development. In conjunction with the Human Resources department carries out the hiring, promotion, discipline, and other personnel action of or pertaining to the employees; performs as Step 2 of the grievance procedure in the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Participates in Union negotiations as necessary.
10. Prepares operating and capital budgets; monitors and controls the cost of production in this responsibility as efficiently as possible. Develops performance metrics, operating policies, standards and procedures. Prepares statistical reports and management reports.
11. Participates and supports organizational wide strategic initiatives, such as rate filing with HPUC, in providing documentation, testimony, subject matter expertise and consultation as needed.
12. Provides and enforces appropriate safety rules and procedures; consistently supports a culture of safety to ensure protection of our people, the community and the environment. Coordinates and provides for EH&S and technical training programs; maintains records of all training conducted. Complies with all written safety rules and procedures and reports all unsafe acts and conditions and correct those within authority.
13. Practices and communicates the Company’s Desired Leadership Style; sets expectation for subordinates that promulgate its principles.
14. Keeps current with laws, governmental regulations, trends and development in this industry.
15. Maintains assigned work area and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe condition; performs housekeeping duties as required. Complies with all safety rules and efficiency initiatives and cooperates in the fullest in the promotion of safety and safe work habits, to include the reporting of any unsafe conditions or acts. Maintains all EH&S training on a current basis.
16. Consistently supports compliance with the organization’s code of conduct by maintaining confidentiality of information, protecting organizational assets, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to the applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, licensure requirements (if applicable) and organizational policies and procedures.
17. Consistently supports a culture of safety to ensure protection of our people, the community and the environment. Complies with all safety rules and procedures and reports all unsafe acts and conditions.
18. Performs related duties as required or other duties as assigned.
* 12+ years industry experience with 10+ years successful experience managing a manufacturing plant (i.e. petroleum, electricity, gas).
* Demonstrated excellent leadership and supervisory skills including strong working knowledge of operational assets and general business philosophies and practices.
* Proven high technical competence to evaluate and resolve complex operational problems.
* Attitude and character of the individual must be compatible with and conducive of the Company’s Desired Leadership Style; hands-on management style.
* Possesses good negotiations skills and strong interpersonal skills including effective listening and communication.
* Working experience in Union environment.
* A demonstrated and unwavering commitment to safety.
* Complete familiarity with the SNG manufacturing process.
* Excellent understanding of PSM and RMP regulations.
Knowledge of local feedstock suppliers.