2 months ago
Job ID #: 10414
Location: US - Ohio - Columbus
Functional Area: Research / Development
Division: AHV - Power Systems & Instruments
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 0
AMETEK Prestolite Power is a motive battery charger manufacturer that is in the business of helping our customers with battery charging and fleet management. Prestolite Power (formerly Hobart Brothers Battery Charger Division) has set the industry standard worldwide for superior battery charging solutions. We manufacture industrial battery chargers for the material handling industry since 1917. Located in Troy, OH, USA, we continue to build upon the rich tradition of innovation, integrity, and excellence, and we are pleased to provide a broad range of industrial battery chargers from our single shift conventional Battery-Mate models to our high frequency opportunity and fast charging Eclipse II series.
The purpose of the position is to utilize knowledge of analog, digital, power electronics, and firmware design to lead the development of new motive battery charger electronics, as well as support existing charger product platforms. The individual is an energetic, experienced professional who can work both individually and with a team. The successful candidate will contribute proven and innovative techniques to design, develop, and deliver competitive products to the market. This position can be located either in the Prestolite manufacturing facility in Columbus, OH or the technical center in Troy, OH. Must be authorized to work in the United States without employment sponsorship.
The candidate shall possess the following:
• A minimum of 5 -7 years of experience in a similar industry/field is required.
• Experience developing power conversion products (rectifiers, inverters, UPS, battery chargers)
• Experience working with analog, digital, and microcontroller circuits.
• Experience developing firmware in C and assembly.
• Experience with three-phase and high frequency power conversion electronics.
• Experience with safety agencies such as UL, CSA, IEC, CE, and CEC.
• Experience with EMI/EMC mitigation techniques.
• Strong technical project management competencies and problem solving skills.
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized, fully accredited program; a master’s degree is a plus.
• Reports to the Director of Engineering
• Design and develop power electronics for high frequency battery chargers.
• Design and develop embedded hardware and firmware.
• Schematic capture and PCB layout.
• Evaluate, debug, and verify circuit design.
• Orchestrate the assembly of electronic prototypes.
• Choreograph engineering documentation.
• Sustaining engineering support on legacy products (SCR and ferroresonant chargers)
• Management of assigned projects from concept to commercialization.
• Communication and cooperation with sales, marketing, and operations.
• Limited travel of approximately 10%.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.